Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Change up lights

David Ward

Anyone got any experience of fitting R500 style dashtop change up lights - I want something similar for my 1.6K Clubsport as most of the tacho is invisible as is the single in dash light. Combination of my height and the fact that I find it best to be looking vaguely towards the road/track most of the time...

Caterham say the unit is configured for the R500 and thus won't work for my 7 but they said I could source one from the manufacture (Ace?) and configure/fit it myself. Anyone done this

I wouldnt bother splashing out more than £200 ( I think thats the cost ) on the ACES shift light , when the sequential shift from Webcon called the Alpha is available for £50 inc VAT from all webcon dealers . This has 6 lights which iluminate from 1000rpm below the set point ( set at half revs ) .

The unit is attached to the scuttle top of my car and works a treat .

Wiring is dead easy , just cut into the 2 wires from the back of the rev counter , it only takes 20 minutes to install .

Which leaves £150 for other goodies teeth.gif

Dave

As a 7 club member, the ACES sureshift is 189 + VAT (we get a 10% discount). I think it's better than the webcon as it's fully programmable, records the 4 highest rpm's as a tell tale, has a digital revcounter for setting it all up and I love the way all the lights go manic (rapid flashing) when you reach the shift point. It also has a change down light. See http://www.aceserve.co.uk.

140 quid in your back pocket is hard to argue with though!

See http://www.webcon.co.uk/alpha/shift_light.htm for the Webcon shift light.

Alex

Edited by - Alex Wong on 11 Mar 2001 10:54:28