Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Friends Romans Shedders (aka The Birkett) - update no 5

not a Postman Pat

Evening all - sorry I've been quiet, very busy at work at the moment *wink*

Right, I thought I'd do a new thread to answer the bunch of questions in update no 4.

JaseB - yep, got your email, I sent you a couple on Friday, did you get them?

Noger - strangely enough, binoculars would be helpful, if anyone has them *thumbup*

Boonie - I don't imagine car sharing with Windy will be a problem. All it means is either that you can spot in a car with someone else (there should be enough people for spotting to be in two's, otherwise could be a bit lonely) or you freeze with no car *eek* *tongue*

Everyone - the Big Kahuna suggests that we all bring our fully-charged mobiles anyway, in case the radios play up

Everyone again - is there anyone going from down South (I am near Redhill/Gatwick) who could bring some of the beverages up to Silverstone? We bought quite a bit of stuff at the weekend 😳 and what with kids, kids' stuff, chairs, etc etc there may not be room in Mrs Pat's car for everything. I will be travelling up in the Seven, so no room in mine.

Finally, Mav - I had an excellent weekend at the Festival. I qualified 7th (my best of the year), and then finished 7th after a very exciting race. I did 4th fastest lap in the race, and had some hair-raising overtaking attempts around the outside of Paddock Hill Bend *eek*. I also met Grubster from upstairs, plus Alex Rachael and Russell 😬 with Rach wearing some seriously cool shades *cool* *cool* *cool*. Geoff also had a great weekend (I think finishing 7th in the Supergrads B race), and Andy came 2nd in the same race, so we are all raring to go for the weekend.

Cheers peeps *wink*

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Pat - have to say that some of the racing around Paddock Hill / Druids was particularly exciting for spectators 😬 Well done old bean *thumbup*

Will come to Silverstone armed with mobiles and I will ask Mr C to bring his camera and bird-spotting *tongue*goggles. We will be in our seven, although I may wimp out and put the screen back on 😳

Jase - may I say you dance merrily very well *wink* Hope to see you (and all the other shedders) there

Tam

Pip pip

naPP, Got some reasonable video footage of you doing some best defensive driving I have ever seen. Very much a case of "if you come past me, you will have to do it on the grass" 😬 As soon as I can get the video on to CD I will send you a copy. I will bring a copy on VHS on Sat for you anyway *thumbup* 😬

Cheers

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

Evenin' all

Steve-B: thanks, I will try Lee first if you don't mind (given his location), I'll let you know if that doesn't work *smile*

JaseB: YSHM x 2 *wink*

Tam: aha, so Mr C is a twitcher is he 🤔

Alex: defensive driving Moi 🤔 😳 *tongue* I can't wait to see the evidence 😬 *eek* 😬

Lee: YHVM *wink*

Well I qualified 7th and came in 8th (consults Racing Driver Book of Excuses, sighs and decides not to bother explaining how it happened) - still very pleased to be up near the front(ish) with several people who I couldn't stick with before!

I will be boring people at Silverstone with talk about what needs to be done to the car for next year...

Angie came home last night with 2 bags of t-shirts - I resisted trying them all on, especially the 2 child sized ones for the pP-ettes! *wink*

Coffee.

Or warm brandy.... *wink*

Or coffee with a dash of brandy...

Does anyone know where I can get tried-and-tested thin, thermal inner gloves in a hurry? I seem to suffer from circulation problems in my hands, and I think a layered approach to gloves needs investigating...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

Ooh, that sounds interesting *biggrin* I've spent a couple of hours trying to find my silk glovey inner things and silk socksies and 'unmentionables' but they all seem to have gorn the way most desirable items of clothing do in the FH household - I think we have a magpie in our midst 😳

Do they do the gloves in girlie size? If so, I'll buy some, ta.

FH *cool*

Mav/FH

On the flasks front, they would be very useful. However, our suggestion is that you bring them empty, and that they can then be made available to spotter teams, who can fill them with their beverage of choice at the garage and bring that out into the field with them.

Does that sound sensible?