Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Audi A4 Avant 2.5 Tdi '180' Quattro

Mike C.

Due to a bit of re-organisation we may be selling our brilliant Audi Avant during the next few weeks.

The full spec. is as follows:

* Latest model (July 2002)

* Met Atlas Grey with grey leather/alcantara sports interior and vavona wood trim

* 2.5 Tdi V6 180bhp (smooth, fast and c.40 mpg)

* Torsen Quattro 4-wheel drive system with EDL, ASR, ESP

* 5 Spd Tiptronic with auto, manual or steering wheel controls

* SAT NAV, TV, Cruise, Climate, Computer

* Heated Sports Seats, 6-disc CD, SE Pack, Storage Pack

* Elec Sun Roof, Rear Airbags, Blinds, ISOFIX etc

* F & R Park Distance Control, 17" alloys

* Etc, Etc

* 12,000 miles

* Supplied and maintained by Audi Tetbury (not yet reached first service)

* Audi Warranty to July 2005

* Absolutely immaculate

* Original List Price - £36,800

* Only £24,500 (ouch!)

This really is a beautifully engineered, comfortable and secure car, with a very desirable specification and a huge saving off the new price.

Mad Manx

You're 4 days too late! Went and test drove a very similar car 4 days ago. Fantastic and for anybody looking for a seriously good everyday car and tow car, then look no further.

I didn't buy it though.... a momentary lapse of common sense (and masculinity) saw me placing a deposit for an A4 2.5tdi Cabriolet. Should make an interesting tow car!

Alex,

Mrs Webb's got a 3.0 Sport Cab and it 's got the removable towbar and rear parking sensors - it all fits, but she's never used it....

I looked at the TDi but decided it was a bit of an uncool noise for a Slonies car. The 3.0 does 25mpg day to day and 35mpg touring in reality anyway.

Hope you got a manual- the Multitronic sucks. ( as does the SatNav - doesn't use postcodes....)

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

The BMW one can work with postcodes (though I've never tried it). It's not very bright at 'fastest route', however, as it just assumes that means motorways even if it's a long way round. While on the subject, which manufacturer's system is best?

R7 SVN

OK, Are you a taxi driver then???

"Shortest route" also sucks on the Audi system in that you cannot split the route into stages and set different route strategies for each stage.

BMW and the Ford systems in Jaguars (and probably the rest of thge PAG group) support postcodes.

Fat Arn

Visit the K2 RUM website

See the Lotus Seven Club 4 Counties Area Website here

Edited by - Fat Arnie on 26 Oct 2003 19:18:27

I actually like the multitronic. I bought the car was for getting from a-b with the minimum amount of stress. Using a manual with a trailer is a pain, especially when you're trying to reverse the thing. Performance was really not a factor, provided it would pull the trailer without too much effort. The big selling point of the multitronic for me was that you didn't lose any economy compared with the manual. The diesel engine in a cabriolet is a bit of an odd match. At low speeds it does sound like a London Cab and you do feel a bit conspicuous when people walk past at traffic lights, but from the car (once you're cruising) it sounds fine. I'm really looking forward to getting it. Didn't go for SatNav but bought Steve Robinson's Garmin Streetpilot III recently - works brilliantly and at a fraction of the Audi's built in system. I tried the Audi satnav and thought it was pretty good.

Mike's car sounds like the perfect vehicle for towing a trailer and a Seven. Good luck selling it. It does look like a bargain and I did look at loads of ads for such a car.

Edited by - Alex Wong on 26 Oct 2003 19:33:34

I used to live in a house with a slight slope on the drive. It was a real pig of a job to get the trailer around my neighbours 205 and onto the drive. By the time I got my trailer onto the drive, the VW clutch was melting and my left leg was aching (and the trailer was never in the right place)

It's not often you can reverse a trailer fast enough to fully disengage the clutch for more than a few seconds, which is why an automatic (or CVT) is better.

SOLD.

Thanks for the various enquiries. I put an ad in yesterday's Sunday Times and the phone went crazy. It was sold by lunchtime. I think I under-priced it.

Similar thing happened with my wife's Freelander Td4 a few weeks ago. Put it on this forum for £14k - little interest. Put it in Land Rover Int'l for £15k and got 16 calls. Sold it for the asking price, unseen.

Moral: Don't under-estimate the bargains on this forum!

Mad Manx