Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Book recommendation

julians

Next winter I plan on rebuilding my engine ( a 2 ltr zetec),partly as a learning exercise and partly because I think it needs it. The trouble is, the closest I have come to rebuilding an engine is changing the oil. I think I understand all the basic concepts and I have a copy of the haynes manual for the engine, but I was wondering whether anyone can recommend a book that gives useful information in this area.

Everyone has to start somewhere.

Thanks

On the subject of books, can anyone recommend any books on the Caterham. I am an "almost" owner and although I have picked up a fair bit of knowledge on the 7 from this group, I would like to find out more.

Any ideas?

Edited by - Steve Motts on 10 Mar 2001 02:11:31

Or Lotus & Caterham Seven (Racers for the Road) by John Tipler

ISBN 1-85223-858-5. Or Lotus Caterham Seven Gold Portfolio 1974-1995 ISBN 1-85520-330-8. Or Lotus Seven Restoration/Preparation/Maintenance by Tony Weale ISBN 1-85532-153-X. All must reads for a Seven nut. smile.gif

Brent

Or "The Lotus and Caterham Sevens" by Jeremy Coulter (ISBN 0 947981 06 3. It was originally published in 1986 but was updated about three or four years ago. If you like nice pictures, there is also "Lotus Seven and Caterham" by Andrew Morland. This is (was?) published by Osprey as part of their Classic Marques series (ISBN 1 85532 490 3). Unfortunately, there have been so many changes to the Caterham range over the past five or six years that all these books are really out of date. However, they are all worthwhile reads especially if you are interested in the history behind the car. Anything involving the business or engineering activities of Colin Chapman makes for a good read.