Click here if you are having website access problems ×

New spings and adjustable platforms

Delberts Wallet

I've had new springs and adjustable platforms fitted but I'm unable to get the ride height any lower that 170-175mm (off road Caterham smile.gif) I know there are grooves in the damper casing but it looks as though the lowest one is in use but the is one groove that is approx 10-15mm from the end of the damper. Is this one usable ?

By the way - Bilstein Dampers

Yahoo,I've got a car to beat my brothers Scoobydo teeth.gif

Hi Gareth

I had exactly the same problem, it looked as though the car was on stilts! The annoying thing is after the fuss I made, I would have thought Caterham would get it right thereafter. Anyhow the only way round the problem is to remove the springs and machine grooves further down the damper body which probably means sending them back to Caterham.

Brent

The damper body has three circlip grooves spaced at 50mm. Sounds like you need to drop down to the next lower groove. As the previous posting says you will have to remove the springs to gain access. The rears run in the bottom groove which necessitates placing spacing washers between the damper lower fixing and the De Dion tube or axle to allow clearance for the threaded sleeves. The fronts if I remember correctly run in the middle of the three grooves.