Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Barbecuing in the dark (yum yum)

Nick Woods

We decided to have some home-made beefburgers for tea last night but rather than cook them under the grille we decided to barbecue them.

So, at 8pm last night I was outside in the cold and the dark cooking them and and our neighbours were treated to the smell of sizzling burgers. I'm sure they think we are mad *eek*

The results were worth it though - yum yum *thumbup* 😬

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

Well done Nick *thumbup*

I barbecue stuff all year round, never mind October *eek* *thumbup* 😬 *thumbup* *eek* *thumbup* 😬

Culinary Hints and Tips # 1

If you only have a regular sized oven, cooking Christmas dinner can be a *eek* nightmare *eek*

But if you take the turkey out at the time you'd be lifting off the foil for browning purposes, transfer it to a pre-warmed barbecue, put the lid down and just check it every 15 minutes or so.............. you have the whole oven available for the roast spuddies, parnsips, sossiges and bacon-wrapped stuffings etc .

(If you don't have a barbecue with a lid, you can fettle a makeshift one out of an old dustbin lid or something similar and after washing and sterilising it, just cover it in foil ... et voila... a bbq lid) *biggrin*

FH *cool*

We had a loverly barbuce during a thunderstorm at the beginning of the year, it was very atmospheric with one person holding a large brollie over the barbie and the rest sheltering under a large parasol We had invited some Spanish & Italian work colleagues back who thought barbecuing in a down pour was very British, just wouldn’t have been the same if it had been sunny.

No one went inside to shelter *thumbup*

• 1 year later...