Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Help!! Realistic Price

Mike Heyes

I'm new to Caterham Sevens so bare with me, is there anyone out there who could tell me what would be a

realistic PRICE be for a 1970 1.7 super sprint which I am looking at.

SPEC:30000 miles

DE-Dion axle

Dry Sump

LDS Diff

Full Weather

4 point Harness

FIA BAR

the asking price is £9750

Cheers Mike

Cars of this age are quite rare , so I imagine the biggest influence will be the overall condition . Even though it has just 30,000 miles ( which shouldnt be taken as gospel in any car purchase) the condition of drivetrain , chassis and bodywork could vary from one to another .

I would suggest you contact James Whitting or a member of the Lotus register ( look on the home page ) who may be able to provide expert advice or even suggest an experienced person in your area to come and have a look at it .

Personally I would say its expensive cars 20 years younger go for this sort of money , but this one may be a bit special ???? especially with a dedion on a 1970 model .....which I didnt realise was made

Dave

Edited by - Dave Jackson on 16 Oct 2003 07:59:52

Hi Mike. For £9750 you can get some very nice late 90's classic's with screen/weather equipment etc, usually less than 10,000 miles, Later chassis etc etc. Some are even non-Q registered.

I would personally say about £7-7,500 for the car you describe, from what I have seen forsale before. I bet in 1970 it wasnt even that much new !

Happy hunting *thumbup*

James