Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Llandow next year

robmar

I notice on the 'provisional' calendar that Llandow has moved to April for next year rather than the last 2 years in July ☹️

I am sure there are many good reasons for this, I was just wondering if anyone can explain the reasons why 🤔

My observations are

*thumbdown* Wales in April Vs Wales in July

*thumbdown* Camping in Wales in April Vs July

The last 2 events at Llandow have been great trackday - Sprint weekends, and for me half the fun has come from the 'craic' on the evening after the trackday *thumbup* I suspect a wet weekend in wales in april may dampen down some of this enthusiasm.

Also for some reason Llandow is not greatlty supported in terms of numbers (I do not know why, it is a great venue *thumbup*), will having the event in April make things worse *thumbdown*. At last years event it was discussed that we could make Llandow the seasons finale to help drum up numbers, I am guessing this has been shelved *thumbdown*

Before any one moans back at me, this is not a dig at the organisers who do a wonderful job bla bla bla, I will be at the event whenever it is *thumbup* and I am also more than willing to assist in the organising for any event if needed. I am just curious as to why the change of date *confused*

Rob *smile*

No problem Rob - your query is quite right .

I have organised the Llandow Sprint weekends for the past 2 years ,

The event has been in July, as this was originaly the date set for a sprint in Essex that was cancelled last minute so I stepped in .

The event at Llandow has had around 50 entrants for the past 2 years , against a capacity of 90 . This has resulted in the event actually making a loss of about £400 each year . The event has been under threat as a result of this ☹️ .

Last year the event on July 10th (??) clashed with the academy and several other championships which meant that about 15 regular entrants to other club sprints couldnt make it ☹️ .

Also July is a very busy month for the club ( and me ) , with trackdays , Le sept , Goodwood festival , major motor race meetings and of course the start of the kiddies summer holidays . This combination has also meant that further entrants are on family holiday , preserving their cars for le sept or they cant get enough credits from 'er in doors to have a series of weekends away in July ☹️

So...........

I thought that a season close event could attract more ??? - well many of the classes and championship overall were sewn up before tha last event , so many many entrants chose not to go to Aintree this year . The very same could have happened at llandow if it was the final event in September ??? ☹️

So the only other option available was the season opener

I thought this would be great - a whole weekend of speed to kick the season off ...

I have also checked the historical weather and April has been remarkably good in this area , if you recall I did a trackday at llandow in march last year and the weather was fantastic !!! . In fact I havent organised an event yet that has had poor weather ;-))

I'm sorry for those that may camp , but I cant please everyone from all sides . But the craic in the pubs will be the same 😬

We will still have open pit lane on saturday *thumbup*

We will still have more timed runs than any other club sprint *thumbup*

So come along to llandow - see what you have missed out on .........

😬 *smile* 😬 *thumbup*

Dave

Dave - can't argue with any of that *thumbup* *thumbup*

I am guessing youo didn't organise the day last october with the hail and gale *smile*

I will be there as always *thumbup*, in fact looking forward all the events next year so much

rob

ps I assume the camp site is open in April

😬 no I had nothing to do with the Club Event in October 2001 😬

I understand it was a little damp under foot *wink*

The campsite will be open in April .......................... so long as the snow is not too deep *eek*

nah - seriously , the camping may be a little chilly , but the whole weekend will be great fun as usual *thumbup* why not book some B&B in the town right now ??? , you can leave your trailer at the campsite .

Dave