Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wooden thing.

Beelzebub

The piece of wood in the "boot" hurts my eyes everytime I look at it. Anyone replaced this with carbon/alloy sheet ? 🤔 🤔 🤔 I realise the wood's probably there to help prevent me being scythed in half in the event of a rear ender. Whats the scoop ?

😬 😬 😬

It's a lot cheaper not to look at it. Alternatively a piece of proper car carperting placed over it helps too. While you're at it, carpet the sides of the boot too so that loose objects don't ding the ally skin. As a matter of fact, yes, the boot is the most refined area of my 7.

Absolutely no hitchhikers *thumbdown*

Any one wanting a wood replacement in Carbon or Kevlar/Carbon pre cut in either a thin version (1.3mm) or a double thickness (4mm), needs to give me a call or e-mail. We are giving a 20% discount to Club members at the moment. Have a look at my car I replaced the wood.

Support a se7en member keep his car, please *wink* I need the work to pay the wife back 😳

easiclad@aol.com

Richard in France

At last my bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7 is on the road, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures

Price (with discount) of single thick boot floor (wood replacement) in Carbon or in Kevlar/carbon composite is £38.40 plus vat and postage.

Double thick (two glued together) really solid is £ 117.33 plus vat and postage.

I am over in Sussex/Kent end of month, don't know where anyone is, to save postage. Hope to go to London-Brighton meet while I collect a trailer for my car.

Have one early standard bodied version carbon example going cheap say £ 25 plus vat (you would not notice the diffence in the car) and a standard bodied version in double thick kevlar/carbon for £ 75 plus vat.

Weight for std chassis is 684gms in wood, 270gms in composite single thickness and 600gms double thick.

Hope this helps. If you are interested I would recommend a quick sketch with measurements so I can confirm sizes are the same as my 2003 chassis.

If you want any further help let me know.

Richard in France

At last my bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7 is on the road, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures