Click here if you are having website access problems ×

02 Superlight

Steve Robinson

Due to a need for cash to expand my business I'm thinking of selling our pride and joy Superlight ☹️

It was SVA'd in September 2002, is in Mercedes Silver with full black pack, weather gear, tonneau, FIA bar and removable aeroscreen. It has only done about 1600 miles and we've owned it from new.

Only deviation from Superlight spec is that the wings and nose aren't carbon. Other than that all present and correct. Would make a great road car (it has a heater!) or a great track day and class 3 sprint car.

Offers in region of £20,500 should secure.

Steve

Steve

Could you please email any pictures to keith@kav4.fsnet.co.uk.

Could you also include full spec details of the car *thumbup*

Hope you could also answer a few quesions:

1) Was it factory built or built by yourself?

2) Has the car had a full Caterham service history?

3) Does the car come with a conventional windscreen or just the aeroscreen?

4) Why does the car not have carbon nose cone and rear wings? - I thought this was standard superlight spec *confused*

Many thanks

Keith

Hi Keith,

Car was built by us, and then had the Caterham check before they SVA'd it. It has been serviced by both Caterham and the 7 Workshop. It has the full windscreen and interchangeable aeroscreen. Rest of spec is standard Superlight (carbon dash etc), but has all the track day bits you would want as well. Apollo tank, battery master switch, uprated master cylinder and so on. It is on CR500's that have loads of life in them.

Reason we went for the change of carbon fibre was to keep it below our budget as by swapping we cut about £800 off the list price, and as we were having the cycle wings and nose painted the extra cost of the carbon didn't make sense.

Will email you a couple of pictures later today.

Steve