Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Silicon Hoses

Wrightpayne

I've got most of the hoses to upgrade the cooling system on my K this winter but there are a couple I'm struggling with and wonder if hoses from other vehicles which are the correct size and bend configuration can be used. The two in question are:-

1) Double L shape hose on heater that firstly bends downwards then forwards to the heater valve.

2) Submarine pipe to header tank connection (could use wire supported hose?)

Samco are the preferred option but anything available in blue will be fine. Any ideas?

Regards

Ian

• Leadership Team

As far as I'm aware there is nobody that does the double L hose for the heater - unless you can use a series of elbows and connectors - messy?

The submarine hose is available from Caterham but is a different blue, and having tried to fit it I think it was designed for a completely different vehicle! I finally used a length of Samco straight hose which has enough flex to do the job.

Stu.

Rally Design advertise a full 7 hose set of Samco's on their web site. It's for the K dry sump config, but as the dry sump setup appears to have the same coolant hoses as the wet sump, I guess you'll be OK.

I'm curious what 7 hoses they are though.

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

• Leadership Team

How about using the Samco Superflex hosing for the heater?

here

I've not used it but I was considering it same as 1m should just reach for me (X-flow in my case).

Any opinions?

Regards - Michael.