Click here if you are having website access problems ×

VDU7X - parts sale.

Alex Wong1697456877

4:1 Caterham competition exhaust system with lambda mounting. Pipes in good condition. Can is a little low on packing. - offers?

Q420 cams - v. good cam for fast road/competition. As used in VDU7X. should give 210BHP+ in a well setup engine. Can run with standard pistons but optimal timing needs deep pocket pistons. A solid lifter profile. Dizzy drive present but oil channels blocked for dizzyless system - ball bearing 'bung' should be removable for a dizzy system. - £100 for the pair.

Standard Caterham branded rev counter - £50

4 x standard Vx con-rods - perfect condition - £100

1 x standard Caterham/Vx clutch & flywheel assembly - the flywheel is a standard one that has been machined to lighten it significantly. Minimal wear on clutch plate. - £150

Vx wet sump pan - £100

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

_________

/ /

___ _/______ /_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) \/ /

/___/--_________/--/___/

Edited by - Alex Wong on 7 Mar 2001 09:51:39

Also, I've just been told by QED that I'm going to need to uprate my injectors. My old injectors are therefore for sale. They're Bosch 743 injectors and I bought four of them from QED on 12-Jul-1999 for £329 (inc VAT). These are for sale at say £100 for the set.

Alex

Alex Wong

www.alexwong.net

_________

/ /

___ _/______ /_ ___

/ (_) (_)/

/`-'/o/ _______ o/`-'/

/ /// ( VDU7X ) \/ /

/___/--_________/--/___/

Alex,

This is rubbish you are being told. Just extend the injector firing period - this will have the same effect as larger injectors on a grouped injection engine.

I run std injectors on my car.

Arnie Webb

The Fat Bloke blush.gif in a Slow Old Vauxhall wink.gif

Edited by - fast arnie on 14 Mar 2001 20:59:00

Alex

I'm sure this is a long shot, but nothing ventured, nothing gained. I know I am going to need to change the exhaust on my 1600xf sooner rather than later, noise levels are not a big issue for me so the packing is less important.

Do you know if its possible to get hold of an x/f manifold and merge the two bits ?

If this were the case, I am interested in the pipe. As you can see, trying to find ways of avoiding the hundreds of pounds for a new system means there is little chance of getting large amounts of cash through the finance committee.

Cheers

Simon

• 3 weeks later...