Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Heel and Toe Adjustment

Terry Field

Having finally decided to give up on my old driving shoes (i.e a very old pair of deck shoes), and buy some Sparco driving boots, I can't heel and toe any more The problem is that the outside of the boot is narrower than my old shoes and misses the accelerator on the down change. It is possible to heel and toe, but after a month of trying I still can't do it with confidence.

My proposed solution is to bend the accelerator pedal a fraction closer to the brake pedal, but I was wondering if anyone had any other ideas before I start knocking things around. I have also fiddled around with the brake pedal height but without success.

Any ideas welcome

terry

Q783 OOR. Team Lotus colours with flares.

My solution, for what it is worth, is to bolt an aluminium strip to the existing accelerator pedal (to fit behind it) which then extends the pedal towards the brake for the amount needed. The advantage is that the ali (I think I actually used some left over carpet grip things) bends to the same shape as the existing pedal, you only need to drill a couple of small holes in the existing pedal and you do not need to bend it in a way not intended. If you need to adjust the amount of overlap you can just drill new, or extend the holes in the ali.

Mind you, I still have trouble getting it right when it really matters on the track!

Mike

I too have a solution that changers the pedal style to match the old live axle cars and LHD cars

Simply cut open from the back, of the round tube that forms the pedal bottom....open out to form a longer foot contact area and reinforce with a 3 inch rod, braze, silver solder or bond to make a D shape from the original circle.

This works very well *smile*

Lawrence

Terry, I think Halfords call them peddles ,I prefer platform,fitted

the way "mikes" described but I used steel to balance the position

prior to fitting peddles/platforms .I could visit Halford and get

more info if you require , Harold

Bare

Deck shoes *thumbup* mine are Timberlake *thumbup*

Terry

Pop rivet a bit of 3mm Alli to widen the accelerator peddle and bend the peddle to suit ......... works for me 😬

Then adjust the brake peddle so its level with the accelerator peddle with foot hard down

'Can you hear me running' ......... OH YES and its music to my ears 😬 😬 😬

1988 200 bhp, 146 ft lbs, 1700cc Cosworth BD? engineered by Roger King, on Weber's with Brooklands and Clamshell wings, Freestyle Motorsport suspension.