Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Unreasonable People

simonbell

Following on from the dog thread my wife (Jo) came home from work last night.......

She works in a hotel, apparently someone decided to burn some candles in their room (awwww.....romantic)

Of course this set of the smoke alarm but they were able to trace it to the room, check it was OK and avoid a full evacuation.

Then people start complaining that the smoke / fire alarm woke them up.....isn`t that the point.

Some people eh!

FOR SALE Birkin S3 2.0 Zetec 170bhp FOR SALE

I`ve seen the future.....and it`s powered by duratec

Fire alarms, eh?

I was in a hotel near Uxbridge a year back - there had been a false alarm or two during the week. Very annoying.

On Thursday night (popular night for late night revelry from seminar attendees), the alarm went off again at about three in the morning. I just rolled over and clamped the pillow tighter.

After a few minutes, decided that I couldn't sleep and it would be really embarassing if it was the real thing -so looked out of the window.

Fecking h*ll! The roof on the other side of the quadrangle was seriously alight. Better evacuate then... But in the opposite direction (the nearest exit - which didn't seem all that close - was in the direction of the fire...

Amazingly, after waiting a considerable time in the carpark, some people still refused to get up and evacuate!

Yep - it was a candle - but in the staff quarters...

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

I am certain there is a joke in there somewhere about getting up and evacuating ....... but for the moment it escapes me *wink* *tongue*

I clicked on this thread assuming it concerned the curmudgeonmeister .....

here

The Curmudgeon's Apprentice

• 1 year later...