Click here if you are having website access problems ×

A rival for Gary Linaker

not a Postman Pat

Couldn't find the audio limk. It's not Michael O'Muiraheartaigh by any chance? (If anyone is unsure as to what this chap sounds like, the commenator in the Hurling Guinness Advert is based on M O'M).

Although the following question should be in the "Test" thread, I'll pose it anyway.

Which player has the disntinction of appearing in both the FA Cup Final and the GAA All Ireland Gaelic Football Final?

He talks at 180 mph.

Tune in to RTE Radio 1 on any Sunday afternoon and you might hear him at work. He commentates in both English and Gaelic - sometimes at the same time, which makes for an interesting mix.

RTE Radio 1 can be picked up on the Internet or on an ordinary radio at about 581 khz AM (or Medium Wave if you're an old codger like me).

Eric,

I've downloaded the WAV file and put it on my web server. If you right click here and select 'Save target as...' then play it locally from your PC. It would be a shame for you to miss this one 😬 😬 😬, easily on par with that F1 "brimmm, wahhhh, wahhhh dinga dinga!" classic!

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Eric

I'm told it's not a hoax, but that might be a hoax of course. Doesn't matter, really, it's still funny 😬

As to the test, I presume the answer is Niall Quinn. I was at school with Niall (we took accountancy classes together, how sweet *wink*).

If I'm wrong, second guess is Kevin Moran - I used to sit at the desk he occupied at school (we all went to Drimnagh Castle).

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

And the answer is "KEVIN MORAN". Was on the losing Dublin side in the 1978 All Ireland final (against Armagh) and was on the winning Dublin side the next year (remember the day's of Heffo's Army?). Took part in the 1985 FA Cup Final with Man U but has the distinction of being the first player to be sent off in a Cup Final. Prbably forgot he was playing soccer rather than Gaelic.