Click here if you are having website access problems ×

AERO FILLER NOW AVAILABLE

Fred

Fred

Can you give me some dimensions of the actual cap, the diameter of the hole centres for fixing and the overall diameter of the surround. I've had a look at the Think website and am not sure which size of cap it is or whether its a custom size. I curently have on of the caterham option aero style fillers which is naff and uses a round key like a bike 'D' lock. I'd be interested in an upgrade if the fixing holes were the same.

Roy

See willfly.net for more info.

If you don't spin you ain't trying *smile*

Happiness is knowing you have just a tad too much power *wink*

Will Fly,

I can tell you that the fixing holes do NOT match, as the filler you have, if it's the same as mine (the one with round key that gets stuck!) has 8 holes and the new proper aero has 6 holes. Also the PCD of the holes on the new one is smaller *mad*. However, with careful placement/drilling you can get the new aero to cover the old ring of 8 holes. Do bear in mind though that the back of this new aero is designed to mate with the rather nasty metal filler neck (from a Mini-Metro think) but then again if you already have the Caterham R500 'round key' version then you must already have the same filler neck.

Good luck *thumbup* *thumbup*

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell of Su77on Se7ens and Joint AO - Surrey

Edited by - Harry Flatters on 3 Oct 2003 09:18:01

I'll do my best but I'm having a bit of a break, DIY-wise at the moment plus I'm not sure how helpful any pic of my rear panel *eek* would be since it looks like a bit of Swiss cheese as I have 20 holes - 6 from the rivets of the original Caterham filler, 8 from the R500 filler and 6 from the new one *mad*

*arrowright* *arrowright*Harry Flatters *arrowright* *arrowright* *thumbup*

AKA Steve Mell of Su77on Se7ens and Joint AO - Surrey