Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Welcome new joint A.O

Mrs Mav

How do you actually rue something? Isn't a rue a mixture of flour and butter used to thicken sauces?

How do you rue a day?!??

" Ah ha, you shall thicken with a flour and butter mix the day that you crossed the great KevSull!!! Ah ha ha ha"

(i fink im loozin mi mind)

😬You laugh at me because I'm different, I laugh at you because you're all the same. 😬

Ah hah! Kev - you got it all wrong. He may Rue the day if he has a propensity for wearing spandex, lycra and a long blonde wig, as does the Cambridge A.O

He may Roux the day if he becomes a famous chefly brother, making strange and fascinating culinary mixtures at the Waterside Inn, Bray.

Finally, the importance of Rouxing is the gentle melting of butter, followed by the bursting of the flour granules in the warm heat, so that the flour can absorb the butter, expand the mixture in readiness for the steady addition of liquid, which in itself should be warm. Correct stirring stairs > is also a useful technique - to ensure ya don't get no lumpy bits *wink*

FH

Kitchen Goddess *tongue*

Edited by - fullharness on 27 Sep 2003 09:15:53

To extend this culinary diversion a little further, I think rue is also an ancient herb, much loved of Apicus, a documented Roman food-guru of yonks ago. (I assume the word epicure may derive from his handle).

To avoid confusion (and whilst undeniably cool to be called something with a high scrabble scoring letter in it) - much better to be a roué - a rake or debaucher -

Edited by - tony pashley on 27 Sep 2003 09:32:46

Sorry Mav ☹️ I got carried away with me culinaries 😳

Congratulations *tongue* *tongue* *tongue* *wink* *wink* *wink*

p.s. Am I presume from your recent presence here that all is well in MavTech Land now and that your inbox is anxiously awaiting the "Lost Files" 🤔 Yeh, yeh.... I know you're not here at the moment, but YKWIM *wink*

Right I'm orf. The sun is a'shinin' and a wee red pedal car is demanding to be taken out *thumbup* 😬 >

FH *cool*

• 11 months later...