Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Weber Alpha 3D Ignition Wanted

Big Brother

• 2 weeks later...

Vinnie - I'm not sure what Im looking for *tongue*

I think I need a 3d ignition system.

This is to fit to a Crossflow to start with but will be transfered to a Zetec when funds allow.

Both will be on carbs.

I guess I need the ECU and loom + throttle sensors/crank sensors along with something for the dizzy etc

Software would be nice too *tongue*

Steve

Se7en-Up!

Magnolia - its the new BRG/Yellow! 😬

Mmm, probably not this then, but.... *confused*

The kit I have can drive just the ignition on a Xflow, through to a monster Zetec on throttle bodies and most stops in between *cool*

Downside is that it has to be mapped by a WeberAlpha agent and thus does not come with software.

Vinnie

Steve,

You need:-

1) The Ecu.......with map for X/Flow installed. Weber Alpha don't release the software for you to play with so as Vinnie says it has to be mapped by W/A agents. Depending on the installed map you may have to get it checked on r/road by W/A agents anyway to match it up with your engine. So would increase cost unless you get the ECU for a VERY good price. ISTR the complete kit, brand new, is only around c £375 ish with correct map installed so s/hand might be a false economy unless, as I said, it is VERY cheap.

2) Loom (for X/Flow initially)

3) Throttle pot.

4) Crank sensor c/w toothed wheel

I'm not sure what you do about the coil or dizzy on a X/Flow application. Why not call the 7's Workshop and talk to Chris Wheeler about it.

Alternatively try Raceline, I know they sometimes have access to used ECU's where someone buys an upgrade from them. They used to do X/Flows all the time before the Zetec became popular. I think Jeremy got his Weber Alpha ECU from them as a used offcast.

mellow yellow, you don't know what you're missing mate 😬

Brent

Zetec

Hi Steve,

I think I am prepared to let it go at a very good price, however we need to compare apples and apples. I have noted on this thread that we're discussing slightly different stuff. It looks like the ECU you are referring to *only* manages ignition. The ECU I have, and could sell, will control ignition AND injection etc etc. A far more sophisticated piece of kit. Plus I have all the throttle bodies etc that go with it. A figure of 375 ish has been mentioned. It is shown as 330 + VAT plus other bits on page 194 of the DT catalogue.

The stuff I have is the Gold kit which has a kit price of 1500 (Shown on the same page of DT catalogue 2003)

So yeah, a very good price, but based on a retail value of about 1500 quid

Vinnie *wink*

Vinnie,

I think I will pass on your kit as I really only need an ignition only system.

Yours does sound like a good bit of kit but I am aiming to stay with carbs for quite some time so the extra features would not be used.

Cheers anyway

Steve

Se7en-Up!

Magnolia - its the new BRG/Yellow! 😬

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...