Click here if you are having website access problems ×

how to handle it

moomin

Not a whole heap of laughs. ☹️ Stiff upper lip has seen me through in the past. *biggrin*

And if you want to avoid blubbing at an inopportune moment, just start counting random things you can see... *eek*

...also works as a kid when you want to avoid bursting into laughter when you're being told off - but I guess it's a bit late to use that info. now...

Regds,

Myles

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻

☹️ Sorry to hear your news M ☹️ ☹️min

Try to breathe slowly and deeply from the diaphragm if you don't want to allow your emotions to show.... but it's not necessarily a good thing to bottle things up. It's also no longer considered unmanly to let the tears flow.

FH

Two weeks ago I had to organise my Mum's funeral - the worst thing I have ever had to do.

Mum wasn't a churchgoer so the minister at the crematorium didn't know her. I had to write some notes to help him to say something about her life and the person she was and I couldn't omit her sense of humour and fun from that. Remembering the deceased in that way isn't inapproppriate or irreverent. It's part of what you shared with that person. Smile about it. That is part of their legacy to you.

Hope this helps you get through a bad time.

Barbarella here

Edited by - Barbarella on 25 Sep 2003 14:44:16

☹️ Moom, You have to look at it from a different perspective.

Don't think of the loss, think of everything that that person has given you and all around them. Their spirit will live on in you. A funeral should be a celebration of a life above anything else.

Cry, smile, talk about it, go for a mighty blat ... how ever you deal with it, let it all out and don't bottle it up.

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

as expected I blubbed like a small child, whilst smiling and laughing at the same time.

I was holding it together for a while (thanks to Myles for the counting things trick!) but the clincher was as the curtain trundled across, Jo's husband blew her a kiss and said "bye mate"... ☹️

then we all went and drunk fizzy pop for 12 hours *eek* and had mucho laughs 😬

Jo enjoyed her day alot *thumbup*

moomin

www.megabird.co.uk

My gran's funeral is on Wednesday - taking a large hankie. Went to see my grandad yesterday and we both had a few tears and laughs together. I think Alex hit things spot on - accept grandad is in his 80s and his daughters are desperate to try and stop him from going for blats in his Toyota Corolla.