Click here if you are having website access problems ×

SPECIAL SEVEN WANTED!

DAVID L

Can anyone out there help me find the car I want? I have been looking for over a year now but am still without my wheels.

I have been a fan of the 7 since the 60s but until recently not had the circumstances to own one. I have driven many fast and powerful sports cars so am no stranger to sitting close to the tarmac and being buffetted by wind and deafened by noise but now I want the proper thing. One of my problems is that I have lost touch of all the variants, "super this" and "super that". I seem to think that I want a 17oo Supersprint but I am becoming completely confused!

In an ideal world I would like something like this:-

Not too old: not a Q plate: cycle wings: an engine that sucks in through carbs and blows out through a 4 in 1. A car that has been loved and cherished by its previous owner who may have fitted a few extra bits and bobs to make it more individual and I don't want any big dents, noisy knocks and a high mileage.

In short, I want the car that you don't want to sell! Maybe there is someone out there who feels the need to sell either for a change of car or a change of circumstances.

Contact me if you are selling something that little bit different either through this page or my mobile number 07768 004400.

David L

Edited by - DAVID L on 7 Mar 2001 21:23:00

David,

See my ad in the for sale section or www.puddlepetcare.co.uk/seven.htm.

Not an exact match to your requirements but it is a superb example. I REALLY didn't want to sell it but the chance came up last wek to do this years academy and I need to finance the new (downgraded) car.

Cheers,

Steve N.

Fancy a mint condition 40th Anniersary (No2 of 64) Vauxhall? Swept wings but otherwise a perfect match and far better than standard with improved gearbox, brakes and wheels. NOT cheap but the best for the money and now impossible to buy new!

David,

I have the ideal car. It's a 1600 VX with weber 40 DCOEs. It's a got a 4-1 exhaust, it's yellow and aluminium with a black nosecone. It's been built and cherished by me. It's only done 2500 miles. And I really, really don't want to sell it, but Mr. Inland Revenue insists.

Cost 12K as a kit a year ago, fully built add another grand for extras and a grand and a half for the build. Hmmm... a 14K car for 10,995. A snip. A bargain. A steal.

Give me a ring on 07801 671907 or 0113 281 7983 if you want a look.

Cheers, DBo.

David,

Following my advert in the 'For Sale' section, I have sent you, as requested, a digital photo and description of my Crossflow car. The car is a 'Q' plate and has swept wings and so does not exactly match your requirments.

However, it is finished in a light metallic blue and is in immaculate condition. The engine is relatively new including an unleaded head.

You can contact me on 01635 677996 or 07771 964630.

Email: ben.long@vf.vodafone.co.uk