Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Shedders at Brands

Meldrew

Had a wicked time ta, span twice at Druids and did a little motocross at Stirling *confused* Not bad for 7 20 minutes sessions - good value too!

Want another go now please...

And a big sorry to Rachel for having to dash out on track just as she turned up and not managing to find her later - just got a wave in as she was leaving tho *thumbup*

Lee had terrible problems, described here

My only problem is that I wasn't there ☹️ (although that is because I didn't book *tongue*)

However, I have seen the occasional reference to a napp at Brands, I can't work out who it is referring to, it's certainly not me 😳

As for the Raj, it was curriculum night at the kids' school, three line whip I'm afraid

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

*thumbup* Thanks Hoopy.

Feel pretty ok about it, these things happen, although I did need a hug from Jo at the circuit! (She does hug better than you, Hoopy - sorry to say!) Can't complain when I've done 30 races (driven to and from every one, including Spa twice) and only suffered one real mechanical problem, when 3rd gear was stripped at Brands last year.

Not sure whether it was down to bad luck, or bad preparation - looked Emma over and tightened loose bits before the Rumble on saturday and then had a quick go over 300 miles later on tuesday morning - and then found the a-frame bushes had gone big time when I got to the circuit; perhaps that contributed to the two bolts loosening and dropping out and then the other two sheared off.

ps Hoopy - finally met Brandon, he's telling everyone there's a racing car in his garage! 😬

Have seen some video of Emma on the track - she does look good, she felt good too (until the huge vibrations and then BANG!). Everyone go buy a pink BEC now! 😬 Hopefully get her back home in the next week or two and start on repairs.

Brandon is taking my Brands Hatch wristband to "show and tell" at nursery today - I did say he could take the car as long as his insurance covers him! *tongue*