Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Vet v NHS

Violet Elizabeth

The reason is simple - the vet fixes the animal and then presents a bill. If he's been prompt and done a good job you won't have any objection to paying. If we all had private healthcare I reckon it'd be a similar experience for us.

Or

Vets are quicker coz they're less busy and know that it is impossible for their patients to understand why they're still in pain whereas we can sit in hospitals knowing that eventually we'll get sorted out.

*confused*

70118 miles and counting...

nothing makes me happier than paying the NHS under extortion, then paying BUPA to get it right. i really REALLY enjoy having to go to my private GP just to get a referral to someone with (a) a clue, (b) time, and © has a vested financial interest in my well being.

what the NHS is allowed to get away with is criminal in my mind.

not that i'm going to get on a soap box or anything *eek*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE

" compared " .... care to expand

No, not really *tongue*

Actually, it's just a comment based on the fact that the vets all seemed better qualified, more level-headed, less up themselves and generally more human(e).

If you were looking for a more, shall we say, biological comparison, it's a well known fact that medics only mix among themselves and nurses. 😬

Vets 🤔 You humans are welcome to them. I'd rather have an NHS doctor any day. Those vets are all nice and friendly and then... I have a dog friend who was, um, never the same again after he "visited" the vet's -

*eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek* *eek*

You don't get that kind of treatment from a doctor now, do you?

Just sneaking off round the GP's to see what he can do about this hedgehog spine in my paw...

*tongue* Paw restored, the NHS are so-o-ow-ooo-oo nice. Perfect health care.

You just slink (I was hobbling a bit so more like "slimp") into A&E and the queue simply vanishes. Can't understand all that fuss about waiting. I only howled once after all. I see what you men-people mean about the nurses being tasty... *tongue* although I kept my promise not to eat her if she treated my sore paw. *wink*

So straightforward - that was a piece of steak, as the old wolf saying goes...

The wedding we went to on Sunday was a mate of mine to an Indian girl who is in her final year of becomming a doctor at cam.

I kid you not that over half of the brides guests were doctor's - one table had 7 out of 8 as docters and another 9 out of 12

Luckily the food was superb and no-one needed any treatment *wink*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R