Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Fluke carbon products

heavenly7

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

These products are identical to those made by MOG Racing in Germany, who despite the obvious nature of their distribution make stuff just for their mates in the Lotus Seven Club entirely as a not for profit hobby.

I had a word with the Dog in the Park and he said to click the thumbnails on the page here to really see cheap carbon at its worst. If thats what the stuff on thier website looks like, heaven knows (excuse pun) what the delivered goods are like!

Of course we do not these products are described as carbon rather than carbon fibre. I believe the dog will be posting some pictures of his moulds pretty soon to give an idea of the technological requirements of cosmetic quality carbon fibre panels.......

Fetch!!

Edited by - The Bloke with a Stick on 19 Sep 2003 22:57:36

Whom ever might be related to some animal .....

What is wrong with those bits? Seems like pictures of black wings etc .... Please back your claims up with some facts?

Oh, and it is a little tedious that every time there's a thread with mog in it something like you comes along to stir things up. I am wondering if it is a joke or windup, but I can not see the funny side.

Blimey a rant so early on the weekend!

Greg, Q 86 NTM (slow Green XFlow)

• Leadership Team

Well said Greg.

Bloke with the stick - have the desency to post a name and expose yourself.

It's easy to hide behind a psuedonym and make such wildly accusing objectionable comments - MOG racing are a company manufacturing a product, obviously for profit like all companies in this world which intend to be around for a while. Your only justification for having a pop at them is that the product is not exactly the way YOU want it, despite there probably being no issue over the quality. It suits many other peoples' requirements fine, and choice at the end of the day is what we want.

Everytime you pop up and make a statement on this issue, there's many of us discusted with your attitude. Keep your comments to yourself.

Caterham have suppiers making carbon fibre bits - strange that you never direct your comments at them? Yes Caterhams prices are a little steep - more than some can afford or wish to pay, so don't have a go at a company that comes in with a product at a more affordable price - if you can't cope with the competition then get out of the marketplace.

I don't normally get shirty over issues like this, but many of us are more than a little tired with youur arrogance. It's the not-for-profit bit that really gets my blood boiling - explain how if nothing's made at a profit, Dog can occasionally sell "slight seconds" at reduced prices??? It costs as much to make a crap wing as a good one.

I have no relationship whatsoever with MOG racing or Fluke Motorsport - I'm just one of a growing croud that is prepared to speak up against the continual bashing you're giving the company in question. I suggest you climb back into your hole and stay there.

I suggest Heavenly or Site Administrator close this thread before it gets out of hand.

I have been in business a long time selling what I like to think are nice components. I have always made a point of not promoting my own products by slagging off somebody else's. There is a place for products of varying quality and price in the market place. It's the same with tellies , fridges, cars, whatever. Consumers are free to choose and what to pay.

Of course Bloke with a Stick might just be trying to wind MOG up and get them to comment. If I remember correctly this led to some quite amusing posts from both sides of the channel in the past.

AMMO

Come on clearly their are a couple of people with axes to grind - but what about an unbiased opinion. There must be some"ordinary" cat owners who have purchased Fluke or MOG carbon products and I am really interested to know how they compare with Caterham parts.

Yes they are cheaper than Caterham but that does not necessarily mean the quality is worse or it may mean they are of poorer quality but by how much. What I am really after is someone who has seen say both a Caterham carbon rear wing and a MOG or Fluke and can make an honest comparison of the two products.

Ok, I´ll give it a try as I have a mixed set of parts on my car:

All parts cf compared to Caterham ones:

front wings: MOG ones very good value, top look, fits perfectly, only difference: the edges are being painted black all around

rear wings: same as front wings, edges also being painted black. Personaly I don´t like the black stripe along the edges on the rears, fronts are ok with it. Quality is very good though.

dashboard: even lighter than the Caterham one, but you´ll have to cut it yourself a bit more to make it fit properly. Much cheaper though.

nosecone: Caterham one done a bit better and neater, but have to admit MOG did some work on their nose-cones so this information might not be valid anymore.

seats: the "look" points go to the Tillet ones in my opinion, the "functionality" points definitly go to MOG. Your "bum-position" is much better in those seats, the legs really rest onto the seat in contrast to the Tillet ones.

So it just depends a bit on what you want to do with the parts, there´s enough choice. For racing get the MOG ones, saves you money when the wings start to fly again.

I´m sure there´s enough market space for Caterham, MOG & Arnie parts on every continet, it just depends on your own taste.

Marius

Well, this is a bit heated isnt it... *eek*

I have some Caterham carbon front cycles. Which are a bit flimsy I think but look tasty 😬

My good friend Pete has a complete set of Mog carbon panels: Nosecone, front and rear wings. *cool*

IMHO they look if anything more sturdy and well finished than the caterham ones *eek* Now that should get you all going!! Oh and no I dont have anything to do with Mog or Fluke or caterham - other than I have a Seven! *thumbup*

Zak

See my car here

Hey, nice juicy thread! Go on, 'it im...

Right, calmed down now 😬. Over the weekend I went to see Richard in France who is 2 hours away or so, we had a ride in his Duratec *thumbup* *thumbup* and he showed me his range of CF accessories which are a spinoff cottage industry from his main business of manufacturing composite components for the pharma industry. He can't make wings as they have composite curves but his boot floor, pedal cover and wing protectors looked good and weighed nothing cf. the ally or stainless equivs. He says his mfg. process allows him to make simple shapes without fabricating high cost moulds, hence the lower costs. I'd give him a call if I were into CF stuff.

Normalbloke, you were after a bonnet IIRC, it seems richard's process could make a bonnet without louvres for not much at all, I might be inclined to start there.

Richard, any thoughts?

How does he get around the fold in the leading and trailing edges of the bonnet? I would like one but would like to see one first please. Also, when manufacturing one, can a NACA duct be placed into it so that I don't have to cut and glue such into place?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Thanks Steve, Hope you enjoyed the ride!

Firstly I have heard very good comments about MOG products from various people who have purchased.

Most of our new range will not be in competion to either Mog or Dog in the Park or even CC. Our process is quite unique.

We have put some thought to a bonnet. Principle no problem. We can do a turned edge on the sides. Just need ideas on the louvers, must be an add on but if thats ok then simple for us to make and the glue vents on.

All ideas welcome, basicly we can mould anything you can shape with a sheet of paper. Most advance so far are the rear shock absorber cover parts in the boot. Compound curves we will leave to Mog and Dog in Park.

Richard in France

At last my bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7 is on the road, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures

Greg,

Made a mock up today with some ideas, e-mail me and I will send some pictures so as not to hi jack this thread too much *wink*

Richard in France

At last my bright yellow 226bhp Duratec 7 is on the road, with internal kevlar/carbon panels and pushrod suspension 😬 😬 😬.for pictures

Jeff

Think we could do them quite easily but need something to copy. Free one to who ever supplies one we could base our mould on. So long as it is possible with our system.

Richard in France

Edited by - richard in france on 24 Sep 2003 20:20:36