Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Orange indicator bulbs

neil.cavanagh

When I bought my Caterham it had a bag in the boot containing some clear indicator covers and orange bulbs (for the front indicators under the headlights).

When I tried to fit them last weekend I found that the bulbs don't fit. The prongs on the side of the orange bulbs are not on 180 degree opposite each other. They are more like 120 degrees. This means they won't fit into the indicators as the original (clear) bulbs are 180 degrees.

I popped into Halfrauds to see if they have any Orange bulbs with the side prongy bits 180 degrees apart, and they didn't.

Does anyone know if/where I can get the right bulbs, or do I need to change the whole indicator units in order to fit orange bulbs and have the clear covers?

• Leadership Team

Normal situation - all the orange bulbs are the same. Use a Dremel or similar with a small cutting head to make a new slot in the original holder - if you are careful you can actual create the complete "bayonet slot" like the original. Takes about 10 minutes to do both sides.

Stu.

I ordered and then fitted clear lenses with the orange bulb from Caterham. When they turned up I had the same problem with the prongs in the wrong place. I called caterham to tell them they had sent me the wrong bulbs and was told that they are the only ones they have and to file off one of the prongs.

They have been fitted like that and work fine *wink*