Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Know anything about Kirkey seats?

V7 SLR

I'm interested in a set of Kirkeys. I don't like the Tillets because they don't offer enough kidney/rib support and they flex. After seeing Miraz's Kirkeys I've decided I'm going to go for a set but I need to know:

1. Whether they are legal for racing in the UK

2. Is there anything which would make them illegal on the road (some disclaimer says for competition only)

3. Any other issues/comments (apart from them being cold to sit in on a winter's day)?

Worcs L7 club joint AO.//Membership No. 4379//Azure Blue SLR No. 0077//Se7ens List Tours

Geoff,

I haven't seen your new seats. What do they look like?

Peter

PS Does it feel funny walking upside down?

Peter Simons

----

Modern man embraces the machine. The machine exists to make him happy. I shall provide man with the machines that make him happy.

- Par Bonk 1893

• Area Representative

Saw a couple of these in Demon Tweek's showroom at the weekend so perhaps DaveK might be a good point of contact. Priced each at under £100 including the dreaded VAT

HTH

Nick

Yellow HPC - A 2.0 VX - 😬

Peter,

They look like cheese graters, but are surprisingly comfortable even for long distance driving - on track the upper body support is much better than any other seat that I've tried.

They look like these http://www.kirkeyracing.com/new46600.gif but are cut off above the shoulder and don't have any of those soft cloth covers. I can't take any pictures of my car as it's still on a ship somewhere, won't be here until the end of next month.

Not sure about the walking upside down bit - but it's nice to have the days getting longer and the weather getting warmer as summer approaches.

Miraz