Click here if you are having website access problems ×

190 bhp 1.6K Allrounder

KenEvans

A real wolf in sheep's clothing - demoralise drivers of faster looking Caterhams on Trackdays in a car with classic appearances!!!

Now reduced to £17500 !! *eek* Garage space is needed and I'm still feeling charitable after Christmas.

This is the ideal compromise between a road, trackday and sprint car. I've done 16,000 reliable miles in it on the road yet achieved 2nd in class 4 in the club speed championship driven to all events.

2000 Caterham 7 (W reg) anniversary green/yellow/flared wings.

6 speed box

K Series 1.6 modified as below

190BHP at 7,600 tested on Emerald rolling road.

VVC head ported - DVA did one chamber/ports, I did the rest - a work of art!

Piper 285H cams (pull cleanly from 2000 revs)

Jenvey Throttle Bodies

4:2:1 SLR exhaust

Emerald ECU mapped by Dave Walker (power curve is a straight line at 7600 so there's more to come with bottom end work!)

Vernier pulleys

Caterham light flywheel

Apollo tank

Battery cut-off switch

LSD

Adjustable pressure vlave to rear brakes

130 rear springs/250 front

FIA rollbar

Flat floored (76Kg driver)

Prisoner wheels with 195/50 Bridgestone Potenzas S02

Heater

Full weather gear

Leather seats/full harness

I'm the original owner of this 7 having built it carefully in July/August 2000. It's had regular oil changes and has some dealer stamps in the service book for initial services. Driven with sympathy always ensuring the oil is hot before driving it hard.

Loads of pictures here.

Ken

Edited by - kenevans on 7 Jan 2004 11:17:51

Ken

Do I take it you are trying/or have bought Julians Car??? posted elsewhere. Is this your way of getting to grips with Mr Griffiths for next year?

Oh by the way this has put it BTTT *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup* *arrowup*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree *thumbup* *cool*

*eek* Ken...

You're not going to be going even quicker are you?...I thought you were quite quick enough thanks *wink*

For interested parties, as Ken has said this is a really well sorted car and very pretty...an ideal car for both regular and competition use!

cheers

Steve

Ken

But have you bought Julians Car or not??, I suspect the answer is yes as I see he's collected his Porsche.

I was thinking of moving up to Class 4 next year but I don't think I'll bother anymore

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree *thumbup* *cool*