Click here if you are having website access problems ×

What did I do at the weekend?

Lee

Haven't had a chance to catch up with Bike Shed goings on today... hopefully will get some time tomorrow or wednesday (and get some raffle prizes out).

So, my weekend. The Brighton Speed Trials on saturday (great fun, got to enter next year). Sunday - snapped a bolt holding the plates in the clutch drum *mad* - luckily I was able to get the thread out by sticking a screwdriver into the hole, and slowly turning it! Then I went to the 9th UK Air Guitar Championship Final... 😬 Silly! *smile*

Edited by - Lee on 15 Sep 2003 17:42:41

Lee,

Did the clutch bolt shear on it's own or were you tightening it at the time?

I believe you only do them up until they stop - after all, it's just a big spring washer at the end of the day!

Edited to add, we all know what type of car got FTD at Brighton 😬

Moomin

www.megabird.co.uk

Edited by - moomin on 15 Sep 2003 18:38:02

Had replaced the clutch and was doing up the 5 bolts that hold the clutch springs in... I thought they'd stop when the washer/bolt head came up against the casing, it didn't get very tight (I assumed that was the spring pushing back against the washer) and then snapped and pinged off. Maybe I tightened it too much, or maybe the bolt was already weak... ordered a new set anyway to be on the save side.