Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Camber adjustment woes

SvenDriver

Do you really mean the track rod ends or are you talking about the big ball joint on the end of the upper wishbone? If you really mean the track rod and are trying to disconnect the steering to make this change (not sure why you'd want to though) then:

Option 1 - Undo the track rods from the track rod ends and leave the track rod ends on the steering arms.

Option 2 - Take the steering arm off the upright and leave it attached to the track rod end.

If you meant the ball joint and this has seized in the taper in the top of the upright then you'll need to take the top wishbone off at the chassis end, and anti roll bar, and spin the whole wishbone.

the way to do this sounds violent, but is correct! Undo the nut, and take a long steel or iron bar, and place it so that it is horizontal, with one end against the upright where the taper enters it. hit the bar sharply with a hammer (I use a 5lb hammer) and it will seperate.

ECR told me this technique, and i was sceptical, but it does work. the shock transferred into the upright does the trick.