Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Sold - to the man at the back!

jwyatt

•Built in Jan 2002 by Caterham Midlands, finished in McLaren Orange with Black Pack, 1.6K 5 speed. 8600 miles. As-new CR500 tyres. See www.virtual7.co.uk for race results.

•Maintained regardless of cost by www.virtual7.co.uk with thousands spent, regularly flat floored, numerous oil/filter/plug changes each year. Rebuilt start of 03 season with new steering rack, front dampers, hubs, gearbox reconditioned, etc.

•Kept spotless and polished inside and out, housed in heated garage, immaculate! Regularly run on road too (helps reliability) and always on Optimax on road and track (K’s can overheat on track with 95RON).

•Competitive - one of only 3 cars to be on pole in 2003 Roadsports B champs from 25 cars, second in Academy year, no lower than second in 750MC class C with many poles/fastest laps/wins.

•Full cage plus optional side bars/cockpit brace, Plumbed-in fire extinguisher

•Quick release steering column with Momo wheel.

•Honeycombe protection for fuel tank and driver’s floor.

•Tonneau cover / full doors, Tillett Composite race seat Rear ARB, New carbon metallic pads all round, adjustable platforms all round.

•New font wings for this year on low-profile stays, ali front undertray.

•Stack ST500M – top of the range tacho/timer with lap memory, shift lights, true speed, acceleration logging, manual and IR lap timing, split times, max straight/min corner speeds, etc etc cost £1k! Price also includes MST transponder compatible with most UK race series (cost £200).

•Tax to end Jan 04.

•Ready to race, trackday or use on road! Very quick, reliable and economical to run car.

Price - £13000 including Stack, £12250 without, available from the end of Oct. Come and see it at the Birkett at Silverstone on 25th Oct. Can throw in spares etc to make the deal if needed! MUST SELL SOON!

Edited by - jwyatt on 9 Oct 2003 10:21:36 *smile* *smile*

Edited by - jwyatt on 13 Oct 2003 16:28:40

Hi Mike - none of that tin-top front wheel drive ****e for me, I'll be driving a bike engined Caterham in the 750 RGB champs...

Bacon Butty - if you look at Bookatrack.com then the classifieds and click into my advert and click on my name for my details, there is a gallery called "dunkeswell sprint" with some shots from that Academy event, I'll upload some more into the same archive. If it looks odd, the Dunkeswell shots show it with black tape protecting the wings from stone chips! The engine is standard 1.6K that Caterham used to rate at 115bhp but they now officially rate Roadsports B cars at 120 as they found they were under-selling themselves...

Mmm. I could fancy one of those (BE7, that is). Spent some time admiring Barry Hunt's Blackbird creation. Based on a live axle kit but with loads of "special" bits. Very rapid. Barry estimated cost about 16K, excluding his labour for the build.

Which engine do you fancy? Turbo 'Busa? 😬

Probably a Blade, as a perfect one is coming up, all ready for the RGB. I am looking at a Bird as well, but it doesn't fit well into the champs I want to do. Engine of choice would be a ZX-12 but the conversion for a non-techie like me would be either very expensive or a huge headache. I'm happy to keep a car in tip-top shape and always fiddle with the adjustments of things, but ripping engines out and engineering conversions is not my bag!

Spares pack now includes a spare set of wheels/tyres BTW (now listed above)

Edited by - jwyatt on 12 Sep 2003 15:27:49

Edited by - jwyatt on 12 Sep 2003 17:06:58

If you want a Blackbird engine, I've got the best!

Used once in the RGB series at Cadwell in 2001 in a Westie - novice driver piloting - it won!

Yes, beat the 'busa powered cars!

Much more powerful than a Blade for a mere 10kg.

The only engine that Caterham approved of & with good reason.

Food for thought!

Hi Chris, it is legal for Roadsports B, it is the top spec system allowed in the regs, (and is the only way to legally use shift lights as independent shift lights are banned) but hopefully someone will take the whole lot from me. If someone buys it at the lower price without the bits, I'll let you know.

HAVE DROPPED THE PRICE ON THIS as I've found the car I want to buy, sales now include a good set of RE720's on the second set of wheels not a set of shagged CR500's. Wheels on the car have perfect CR500's. Hoping to be at Thruxton this weekend but not feelign great currently, ifI can't make it I'll go to the Brands FF festival instead.