Click here if you are having website access problems ×

747 at Duxford

Alex Birtwisle

I missed the Harrier ☹️, I missed the 747 ☹️, I missed everyone who turned up after 1.45 on Sunday ☹️... but the rain (and mud) didn't miss me on Saturday ☹️

But I did stay long enough to see and hear a few nice planes (geese too). And I had a brilliant time 😬 *smile* 😬 *smile* 😬 *smile* 😬 Thanks Rachael and Alex for everything you did for me. You are ace *thumbup* *wink* *thumbup* and it's only right the Harrier turned up just for you.

(For those who may be wondering, let's just say for starters that Rach and Alex have no wine left, I have lived the aeroscreen experience (and it's fab 😬 *thumbup*), and my car is now nice and shiny, as are my teeth 😬 - and I owe it all to my gracious hosts...)

😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink*

*thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬

😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup*

*tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬

😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue*

*wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬

😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink* 😬 *thumbup* 😬 *tongue* 😬 *wink*

Hope to meet you again soon.

M 😬

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NN - *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Sorry to have missed most of you at Duxford on Sunday - I too ended up at the field but using high-tech gadgetry and lots of waving I managed to find Alex and Rach.

We even had a loud running commentary from a Jumbo Jet enthusiast behind us - indepth stuff like - "He's turning....he's getting lower....his wheels are down, no they are up..." I know Rach found this all very informative *tongue* 😬

Pat - How did you do at Snetterton? Sorry I didn't make it but I had finished kitchen/ dishwasher at 2am Sat morning - and still had some tidying.

Still Mrs B was wowed by garden, dishwasher and tidy house.

Mister T,

Glad you had a good time, despite the mud and dust. *wink* *thumbup* We shouldn't have been worried about Craig, he found his way back to our house in the end *eek* 😬 and I think he had a much better view of proceedings than we did - and no irritating people standing behind him saying at top volume, "no that definitely isn't the same 747 as yesterday, I imagine, that one flew back to Jo'burg last night" *mad* I kid you not...still he'd only come to lecture his mates about the 747 and he left when it did...meant we were able to enjoy the Tornado in peace (can you use the word peace when talking about a Tornado *confused* *wink* )

A top day out - best bit was watching the 2 Harriers take off and head off into the sunset *cool* *thumbup*

*wink*

Weedhopper

guy what's so special about the SP, is is the precursor to the Megatop or Long Haul 🤔

did it have the silly spiral staircase to the club section up top 🤔

from the link, it appears that most all of them have been retired...except those in 3rd world countries/carriers..... *thumbdown*

Steve B

Big Black Beast^3 SV VHPD Join us on the USA 2005 tour......HERE

SB - the 747SP web site seems to be in rebuild mode right now.

There should be a full history back up there soon I hope. I just think they look so cute, it is the shortest (I believe) 747 ever produced but it is very long range - or was for its time. Apart from its length, there are also other subtle external differences.

I just think it's fascinating to look at!

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Are you chaspes and chappessess having a meet for the 12th October Duxford show then, with my pedal car all porly I seem to missing all the fun but it should be going by then 😬 And with an oodle more grunt too *thumbup*

Failing that who's going to Brands?

Well, with fingers and other things firmly crossed, it'll be running next weekend (exhaust goes on this week- big bucks ☹️) and then the following weekend it goes on a rolling road for the nice man to squeeze every last horsey out of the new engine *thumbup* So if nothing I've bolted on falls off I'm away and blatting in time for Brands!

Rach,

Lucky you - more Harriers! (Drat! Missed them again...) Glad to hear Craig wasn't terminally lost too! I was in Leicester an hour later than planned (A14 no real pleasure but A6 was quite fun...) and got a slapped wrist 😳. Then it got too cold for my passenger and even though I let her wear the Norwegian Blat-hat she insisted on having the hood up (oh, the shame 😳 ).

Boonie,

Sorry I missed you. Which means that for the moment I'll have to continue living with my mental image of you as Penfold... (Crumbs that must mean I am the evil Baron Greenback) *wink*

M 😬