Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Non-Standard Headlights

Number Six

I noticed that when he sent me pics for x777cat.com. I was wondering about how to fit a HID unit into the std Caterham light housing. After measuting it up it appears that you could just make a metal bracket up and they would fit straight in, then all you would need is a cear head lamp cover. But the price put me off a bit. 1,000 quid! No thanks!

I have Halfords uprated bulbs. They seem to do the trick.

X777CAT

I haven't gone quite as radical as fitting the PIIA ones, I fitted the Westfeild standard Halogen lamp unit. Its smaller lighter and has a smaller frontal area than the Caterham standard items. Doesn't look out of place either. I think the whole unit may be available from Hella. When I brought mine I gave up trying to find a Hella main dealer that would sell direct to me, but I am sure somemone here will know of one. What other alternataives are there ? W*******ds at the Autosport show last year had a car on their stand with tiny lamps, it just didn't look 'right' though.

The Paul Harvey Fireblade Seven at the Autosport show had headlamps that appeared slightly smaller than normal. They also had tiny side repeaters built into them. As you're probably aware, the car is pictured in this month's evo.

Don't know who makes them or where you might be able to source them, but they look OK.

Kevin Thomas

kevin.thomas@bigfoot.com

www.c7kjt.co.uk

Number six, I dumped the original-caterham-headlamps and fitted some smaller bike lamps (harley, but don´t tell anyone....) onto a self-made mounting with the cables running through the mounting, so no visible wiring. As far as I know it would not be legal in GB to use these lamps as they´re significantly lower mounted than allowed. Oh, and I had to dump the indicators at the front therefor. I´m driving this option since 4 years now and I´m happy with it. Enough light and no officers barking at me. Don´t know about the ways to go in GB.

Regards, Marius