Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Home Alone

Boonie Hound

Well I wave a tearful goodbye to Mrs B for a few days as she goes and does big girl stuff with the NHS.

I am now fighting the urge to go and buy a second hand Caterham and have it in the drive when she comes back.

I am also unhappy that a camera shop I have used to get my camera repeaired has seemed to have lost the lens and strap *mad*

Anyway - it's just me, the dog, a dishwasher to plumb in and a ton of rubbish to sort out.

No real reason to tell you lot this but hey I've bored my work colleagues so you're next.

Resist the urge dear *wink* much better to do it with full permission or you'll end up having fights 😳 The gradual attrition approach seems to be working so far... you just need a bit more time, so do all the householdy things and she'll see just how much the 'Cat' will make your household complete 😬

FH

I'm in mourning ☹️ The koi that I rescued, recussitated and stayed up all night with has finally departed for that great fish pond in the sky ☹️ Didn't realise you could get so attached to them... after all, you can't take them for a walk, give them a cuddle or have a conversation. He had dropsy and I didn't give him any port .... honest *eek*

Steve 😬 - and by running shoes...but I think she would evenytually laugh..pity she knows what Windy's car looks like.

FH - sorry about your fish ☹️ It is funny how you become attached to things. I know I will be heartbroken when our raggits and dog finally goes to the park in the sky.

Well plans are underfoot for plumbing fun and much clearing up.

Sorry to hear about your koi FH, I can understand you being upset ☹️. BTW you can give a fish a gentle underwater cuddle (at least a tickle) *smile*- they don't all respond equally happily to this kind of treatment though

Talking of treatment, years ago I did successfully bring about the recovery of an ailing goldfish by administering a drop of whisky *tongue* (I imagine a similar cure to port).

Cost a fortune in bills from the Betty Ford Clinic in the end ... *eek*

He was very pretty with a red mark on the back of his head, so easily identifiable. A great fighter but he ended up with an expression not dissimilar to *eek* (without the flashing effect) and his scales were all sticky-uppy. A quick Google revealed what was wrong, so we isolated him and he just went sideways, then belly-up and then drownded ☹️ I've just spent the last few hours lying beside the pond looking at all the others, just to make sure they're ok, so I'm typing this with my fnigres all crossed 😬

We're looking after my dottir's bl%%dy cats at the moment and I think he got stressed at their attempts at fishing *mad* Roll on next week when they pack their bags and disappear; then perhaps we'll get some birdies back in the garden *thumbup* One of the monsters killed a lesser spotted woodpecker a few weeks' ago and he nearly got lynched by Mr FH 😳

FH *cool*

What have I done? *eek*

Emptied all our cupboards under the sink, ripped one of the units out and took most of the rest apart....the dog is now looking at my mate and me as if to say...boy are you two in touble when Mrs B gets back.

I'll fetch the dishwasher tonight and hopefully we can fix all of this.

Still I found about five spoon and six socks when we moved the washing machine

What is it about DIY - a simple job turns into a complete house rebuild.

Things I have learnt - Murphy and his law are alive and well and living in my house

Waste pipes disguise themselves as standard looking pipes only to reveal that they are in a fact larger bore at about 10pm at night once you've hacksawed them in two ready to fit a t-section that now won't fit. Leaving you with no waste pipe for a day and remembering not to turn the kitchen tap on.

Don't believe people who say there pipe bending machine that you are borrowing will bend copper pipes - they mean crush in an unusable way.

Dishwasher instructions come in German - obviously

inlet pipes for the dishwasher I bought are not designed to bend because that would make life far too easy.

But I have learnt where to turn the water off for the house - I know this is the first thing you should find out - but hey I'm a slow learner.

I have also learnt to laugh in the face of adversity and had a very funny but frustrating night of DIY. Still humming the tune to Changing Rooms.

• 11 months later...

These blooming TDML thingies I read the whole thread wondering "wheres R400 🤔

I was geeting concerned for the little mite not off with mum , not helping with Kitchen......

Left to his own devices *eek*

When you realise the worlds not nice just drop your pants and slide on the ice!!!