Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Wohoo... Back 2 Skool

Morls

Hello everyone *thumbup*

I've been the busiest boy in the North, working non-stop for a whole munth (except 10 days holiday, and weekends), and hence unable to visit the shed during the school holidays ☹️

What've I missed 🤔

Mark

My Caterham Silver Jubilee No. 7 is here with Mavis, under 'Mark's Cars'.

I thought this was going to be a thread about the schools going back and all the kids being off the streets 😬

What've you missed...lots and lots and lots of wibble, there are a few events planned over the next few weeks.

Duxford this weekend - you're welcome to stop over if you want to make the trip South.

Brands Hatch on Sept 23rd - club trackday.

Pat's race thingum at Silverstone on Sat 25th October.

Hoop was evil but has become good again, Alex was good but has started torturing small fluffy sheep, Lee is organising another raffle, Miss Mav is still starting work at the most ridiculous times, Mav still likes pies, there are lots of new shedders, Hoop is still wibbling like mad, Ric has a car (and has disappeared from the shed because he is having so much fun), Boonie is working on persuading Mrs Boonie to let him have a Se7en, Steve had his car broken by a stupid 18 year old, but it's fixed now and better than ever...

How's that for starters? Lots of other people have done lots of other things, but I really should go and get on with some work *eek* 😬

*wink*

Rach

Excellent round up *thumbup*

If only my collegues could summarise so concisely I could have weeks off work and still bluff my way into pretending to understand what's happening. *smile*

I'd love to come to Duxford but I've got 3 race meetings in 5 days coming up so have to 'fettle the beast'...

and work on my bike *eek*

The championship leader broke bones on Sunday ☹️ but it could be my chance to catch up so I've splashed out over £3 on a new spark plug and £30 on a second hand wet.

Does anyone know a good spell / dance to encourage local rain ? Wet track with a dry paddock would be ideal *wink*

Mark

Is your car still for sale?

Ermm... *confused* I suppose so. There's still 1.9 sevens in the garage.

Mavis is still not quite complete due to work / play / booze / bike fun / eating / camping commitments, but this winter should see her waking like a polished ally and BRG sleeping beauty.

Only her wireing loom, rear arches and a few brackets are to be done along with fettling the exhaust and intake, then I must make an effort to pass the Silver jubilee one to a (more) caring owner.

But if anyone wants one now.... *smile*

Mark

Hoops,

I gave up Fizzy Pop last Saturday, to improve my reactions etc....

Thanks to my sobriety I couldn't sleep very well in the tent ☹️

Thanks to my lack of sleep I couldn't ride very fast ☹️

Thanks to my sloth I didn't win ☹️

So I'm basically desperate to get back on the fizzy pop as soon as possible to turn my life around 😬

I'm in the smoke shortly (maybe next week) bnringing my expertise to the tube, so stick to the busses / foot / 7 for a while *eek* and join me for beer then.

And performing at Bike Week (check national press for details *wink*) from the 13th so I'll be drinking to overcome the fear for the whole week.

And as for Newcastle... Em's place was almost on the Griff Rees Jones thing last night. The tumble-down Ravensworth castle, between the Angel of the North and Low Fell, was quite marvellous, and rather unexpected . *thumbup*

Mark

Good luck with the races I shall be performing my rain dance for you at the weekend (be warned though, it isn't always successful).

Thank ee kind Madam, 100% success wont be needed.....

There's a hillclimb through the beautifull Dalby Forest so a mild drizzle should leave a slippery enough mixture of tree sap and mud to handicap my more powerfull opponents 😬

Shame you can't make Duxford, maybe next time October 12th?!

Hmmmm...It's a slim chance but not impossible... I'll mention it to Karen my imaginary girfriend when she returns from her first day back (albeit without the monsters, they return on Thursday, so I should enjoy my lats night of her sanity for some time this evening). *thumbup*

Mark

Right, I'll start the rain dancing at lunch time - anyone else want to join in, meet me at the back of Cambridge airport at 1200 today *wink* If we dance enough then there should be enough water to dampen the track...

As for Duxford - it'd be great if you could make it. Be good to meet your imaginary girlfriend *tongue* let us know at some point - we have a nice spare room *wink*

*wink*

Rach