Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aeroscreen( NON Brooklands)

normalbloke.29

• 2 weeks later...

Hello all!

I "borrowed" an aeroscreen to use as a template. Went to the local purveyor of Perspex and spent about £18 on some 5mm thick smoked Perspex. The nice thing is you can have what ever colour Perspex you want (pretty much) so you can mix and match your paint work. I drew around the aeroscreen and cut to shape with a jigsaw.

I used an angle grinder to chamfer a 45 degree angle on the bottom face of the new aeroscreen and used a heat gun to bend the Perspex. If you use the heat gun anywhere near the paint work of your car, protect the paint with many layers of foil to act as a heat shield.

I then used some small 90 degree brackets purchased from B&Q and bent them to the desired angle and screwed them into the scuttle, and then I attached the aeroscreen.

No Nuts made his aeroscreen longer at the ends so it screws into the front pair of holes used to mount the windscreen; he also cut slots in it so it would mount over the stubs of the windscreen wipers which has eliminated the need to drill holes in the scuttle. To be honest I like his approach better than mine.

To finish the Perspex use a fine wet/dry paper. Then some SVA trim along the bottom edge to protect paint work.

I think that is about it .... it took me about 3 hours in total from start to finish and took NN the same.

Hope that makes sense and helps!

Cheers

Alex

S713UMY

1.8K Viper Blue and Black

I've already got a perspex screen that I purchased for about 100 quid! *eek* - but I would like to try to build one which displaces more air over my head...

...where do you get perspex from? What sort of business sells this kind of thing? While I'm at it, I need to replace the glass panel in the back door that holds the cat flap...

Regds,

Myles

Alcester Racing 7's Equipe - 🙆🏻