Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Warning - Maynards Sours

mav

Don't do what they say on the tin

...why shouldn't we? *confused* Is there some dangerous advice printed there? "Serving suggestion: why not try Maynards Sours with a sprinkling of anthrax"?

Thanks for the warning,

Mark

😬 *cool* 1800 K-Series - S132 CUY *cool* 😬

😳 *eek* Also hairdresser's tin-top - J777 DMH - if it's raining *eek* 😳

*arrowright*Here's my blog *arrowleft*

• 9 months later...

way back in the day i worked on the development of rowntrees super sour body parts.

the first few development batches were great as the coating contained over 10% acid (mixture of malic and something else, memory escapes me, possibly ascetic?)

you really winced as you ate them and you could feel the stomach lining struggling. 😬 *thumbup*

unfortunately they were tuned down for sale, i think to about 7% still better than maynards sours tho *mad*

top tip for the day - to make your own maynard sours, buy a bag of ordinary maynard wine gums and heat briefly over (not in) a pan of boiling using a colander such that the outer edge of the wine gum becomes tacky. whilst shalking the colander vigorously shake over a mixture of sugar/malic acid/ascetic acid to the sourness of your liking. dry rapidly using a hairdrier whilst still shaking (but less vigorously) the mixture.

eat *smile* *wink* *smile* or take down the pub to impress girls with *thumbup*