Click here if you are having website access problems ×

In the Bikesheds without my bike...

La vache espagnole

I need to get this off my chest...

Saturday morning: Found myself served with a Summons for driving without due care and attention *eek* *thumbdown* 🙆🏻. Yes, I had a crash with another car 😳, my own stupid fault, gross error of judgement and all that - taught me a lesson . Still, I thought it was done and dusted and didn't expect it to come rearing up out of the grave 3 1/2 months down the line. Felt miserable. ☹️

Saturday noon: Went to Penn Sevens meet to lift my spirits. Felt a bit better. *smile*

Saturday afternoon: Watched my football team lose. What's more a dire game, rating zero on the entertainment scale. Felt downright miserable. ☹️ ☹️

Saturday evening: Took a train to Reading to visit a few pubs with some mates. Sorrows suitably drenched if not drowned *smile* 😳 *smile*, got back to Maidenhead station to find some 🙆🏻 *mad* *thumbdown* 🙆🏻 low-life had stolen my bicycle from the shed. What a perfect day, wish I'd stayed in bed... *mad* 🙆🏻 *mad* 🙆🏻 *mad* 🙆🏻 (oh, I'd better add that I intended to walk home anyway, I wouldn't ride after all that beer.)

To cap it all I had the hangover from hell on Sunday. ☹️ 😳 ☹️

[feeling-sorry-for-myself rant over] Should I change my name to Ratty after that outburst... *confused*

Mmm... Thanks for the crisps Rach *smile* and the kind words everyone. No, the bike wasn't insured; it was fairly old and not worth a great deal but we'd been a long way together... It's more the fact that someone should think somebody else's possessions are theirs to take that gets my goat (no, no-one stole my goat, I don't have a goat - nor, much as I'd love one, a moosheep...). *mad* 🙆🏻

Mmm *tongue*, that's better *smile*

Oh, thanks for the toffee, ewenm. I'll save it for later *smile*

Edited by - MisterToad on 1 Sep 2003 16:24:41

*thumbdown*That sucks

If this makes you feel better last week my alternator went, bad enough so I got a new one and fitted it. I then found it was the wrong one so had to fit a another, when I then cranked the engine I found that I hadn't tighten the bolts enough so the belt slipped and I had to re-fit it again. After it was all finally complete I took the car out on saturday and the alternator belt snapped *mad* at least after this the RAC fitted a new one so it saved me a job

You're only suppose to blow the blo*dy doors off *wink*