Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Set up

Nick W

Hi all

Think it's about time to get my understearing R400 properly sorted. I have called a few garages for ride height/ camber and track/ corner weighting prices. I have a few questions that I couldn't find the answers to after a search:

a) any recommendations of places to go- I am in SW London. (Hyperion, Ratrace etc).

b) Caterham were the cheapest quote at £175- is this reasonable?

c) is it common to change the springs. One garage said they usually went with stiffer springs, another that they tended to soften them????

Advice appreciated

Cheers

Nick

PS: haven't got time to DIY as per recent threads.

I paid 125 gbp for flat flooring plus a bit for 2 springs - those the previous owner had fitted were too long and messed up the ride height. Mind you this was in the sticks so it may be dearer in the SE. The handling is miles better and the thing doesn't hop about. OTOH the ground clearance is nil and the tyres seem to be wearing oddly, there is quite a bit of neg camber in the set up. Maybe I need to corner faster to get the tyres upright and wear them flat again...

Thanks for all the replies

Have talked to a number of those mentioned and my wallet has gone into hiding as I suspect suspension upgraditus may occur in the near future. I think batteredoldsupersport is right- could be more expensive in SE.

Cheers

Nick