Click here to contact our helpful office staff ×

Spare Wheel Marks

Ferrino

I would now like to start using my Seven without the spare wheel, but the wheel has left a hideous black circle, which looks pretty bad on my white paintwork. See here.

Anyone have any ideas of how to get rid of it (short of new paint job)? I have already attacked with some polish, which removed the freshest residue, but it still looks terrible.

Cheers! *wink*

Try some Tar Remover (Autoglym or similar), apply it to dry paintwork, leave for a minute or two and wipe off. That should shift most rubber marks without damaging the paintwork. After using it apply a coat of polish to protect the paintwork - the tar remover strips any existing polish from the surface.

If that doesn't work try T-Cut, and if T-Cut doesn't work try a rubbing compound.

Have you tried something like tar remover, isopropyl alcohol or acetone ? If its just rubber gunge it ought to come off although you may find it has worn the paint away

Failing that, paint two eyes, a mouth and use the centre hole as a nose and you'll have a smiley face 😬

Nick

P8MRA - Red and Black 1.6K supersport

Ferrino, link now works OK.

My rear was the same when I removed the spare.

Mine was worn through to the ali in places.

My solution to the problem was to add a few strategicaly placed stickers.

This got a little out of hand 😬

See here

Steve

Se7en-Up!

Less is more!

Eagles may soar, but weasels don't get sucked into jet engines!

I have a set of transfers across the back of SLR that say 'CATERHAM MOTOR SPORT' and the Caterham logo. I can mail you a digi pic if you want. Although they are available on the net from some kind gent who took lots of piccies at this years Lydden sprint, but I don't know where to look. I bought the stickers from the guy who manufactures them for Caterham.

AIM Graphics

Martin

01923 772175

He will do pretty much anything, but has lots of standard stuff that would suit I'm sure.

Andy Mac C7 GON

😬 Team Langoustine. Hard Core Prawn here 😬