Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Luggage racks

EAX7

me again

Im off to the Italian mountains in June. I dont have a spare wheel carrier thing. does anyone no of a mod to an existing sports car luggage boot rack that will fit on the back of the 7 so that my good lady can carry her evening gowns, etc etc etc ad infinitum

I know about the weather equipment roll bag but that would only fit long thin things " come to think of it...............

Andy Eakins

N637NKN

I have to assume you already have a sports car rack from another vehicle, & that your 7 has a spare wheel.

I used a rack that originally came off my Triumph Spitfire and X1/9. It is the type that has the four grey suction cups on it & a slight upstand at the back. I removed these (now perished) cups and fitted plastic blanking plugs over the now open tube ends. I then used a ratchet strap to go around the rack and the spare wheel just above the central fixing bolt.The upstand piece lays just above the number plate illumination unit. Do make sure that this fixing bolt is done up tight to start with!

The ratchet strap was purchased from Halfords, but a camping shop/auto spares place would have the same.

When pulled up tight it proved very secure and definitely increased the usable space!!!thumbsup.gif

It all worked fine for me.