Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Bicycle speedos for 7s

EAX7

Im long in the body and probably the tooth and cant see the speedo on the 7 I looked in the tweeks catalogue and they wanted £160.00 hmmm I thought

I have just purchased a VDO cytec "wireless" bicycle speedo v snazzy from halfords for the stunning sum of £25. will it work I wonder on a 7 has anyone fitted one of these or the hard wired version.

I have cycle wings so the reciever should be no problem to fit but its the magnetic sender on the wheel that could prove tricky

if it does it gives speed,distance travelled. average speed .lap times and in the pricier versions heart rate !!!! if they could fit a speed camera detector reckon we would all get one

If it dosent work I will just have to fit it to the pushbike.

Andy Eakins

Andy Eakins

N637NKN

It will be interesting to see if the wireless bit works I was told they have a range limited to the distance from front forks to handlebars.

I was wondering about using the back wheel as then the sensor etc would be out of sight. The magnet could be stuck to the rim and the pick-up tie wrapped to the radius arm. The only other problem is how/where to mount the display, maybe with a wireless one it could go on the steering wheel.

There was an extensive discussion about bike speedos some time ago you could try a search.