Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Superlight handling advice?

Ian Humphris

Just bought a 2002 Superlight. Great car. Lots of shiny extras including R500 mag wheels with Avon boots.

Previous owner not a typical 7 runner. No idea as to setup, factory settings etc.

Although not completly useless, I am having to guess as I don't know what I have started with.

Immidiate action was to raise front slightly (sump bottoming out on small & big hits)

Ride height now pretty standard I am told. (although recomendations as to ideal 'balanced' ride height at front & rear would be worth knowing).

ISSUE IS... understeer - any simple ideas? The scrubbing of front tyres (significant inside wear) may point to excessive camber, poor tyre front print therefore understeer. What is recommended camber angles, how should I adjust & measure?

Any other ideas how I may tinker to get a more balanced drive? I have played with tyre pressures 16-18psi front & rears, again any recommendations would be useful?

Cheers.

• Support Team

You might need to raise the rear to match - this should reduce understeer. You can do a search on this topic as it was covered recently but I believe that the rear should run about 15mm higher than the front. Ideally you need to get it flat floored - Caterham do this for a fixed price and it includes the camber/toe in checks. There are plenty of other companies that do it as well and they may give a more personalised service to make the car handle how you want it too.

Good choice of car by the way 😬

Shaun

Yellow SL *cool* #32

Please have a chat with Len Unwin of Freestyle who are absolutely first class at flat floor set up.

They also have a nifty adjustable FAR ( and indeed a rear one if you have not got one already ).

I suggest you will get a tailored service from Len, although there are of course others who can do this as well

Anthony

Wheels on, and fuel and cooling systems next with laminova ! Leaving electrics too last....