Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Boonie...

Rachael

I might need to do that, I am just the tiniest smidge too short - I can reach the pedals, but at the expense of having a clear view out of the aero.

Maybe if I hang from the roof of the shed and someone pulls on my legs, it would stretch me enough to solve the problem - any volunteers?

*wink*

Rach

BH - now it was for your own good

Puts serious hat back on and nails soap box to floor so it doesn't slip - quite enjoying adult conversation.

Driver education has to be one of the main keys of reducing casualties on our roads although there has to be some enforcement for those who just won't or refuse to drive safely. Having seen Cadence in action I was very impressed. I have been driving for 14 years and had my first refresher lesson since I passed this year. I was a complete eye opener - I knew my driving could do with improving and although suprisingly I got a good grade, I learnt loads. It was only for 2 and a half hours so we tended to concentrate on a couple of aspects of my driving. But it gave me food for thought and actually made me look forward to my drive home so I could practice. But one thing the instructor said which I thought was very good advice was to be ultra careful. The reasion being was that I had learned new skills and so would be eager to put them to the test this could lead me to getting things wrong and so have an accident. I would applaud anyone getting further driver education. I find it strange that al lot of drivers put there head in the sand and say they don't need it.

Hello folks *smile* My ears are burning! *eek*

Never one to be churlish I'd recommend Ride Drive. In fact when we lived in Buckinghamshire, we used to see the directors on a regular basis as they'd pop in for coffee (sshhh) on a quiet shift! We also worked closely with them in the development of an NVQ in driving, aimed at younger drivers in an effort to try and stop the carnage. Having been an ambulance driver before I went to the Met Police as a Class 1 instructor, it was tragic to see the number of people who could so easily have lived full and useful lives, if only they'd developed their driving skills to a higher level.

I believe it's customary to offer some light refreshments on your first visit to the Bikeshed, so I'll leave some chox and a couple of packets of crisps in the corner.

Hirsute Hugh

hugh@cadence.uk.com

Driving has definitely improved.

You mainly pointed out:

jerky steering with loads of corrections - possibly a bit due to car differences, but I've been working on it and its DEFINITELY better

hesistant early in the bends - thats smoothed out a lot now and means that i carry a lot more speed when there's no need to slow and also keeps things smoother

Overtaking - I'd been just plain nervous after last year's adventures but with the day with you and some chat on cam7 I'm now much less of a banana overtaker and far more aware of what's going on. Especially useful on LONG straights in Scotland where lots of people overtake at once in a lengthy queue - I now wait, on the other carriageway, next to the gap I came from whilst they move overtake so I've always got somewhere to pull into if my view is obscured by then.

*thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

HOOPY

R706KGU Hoopylight R