Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Retirement sale

Kim Adams

Everything Seven in my garage has to go!

1991 De Dion, FIA roll bar, TrakSpax, big 4pot brakes all round, adj bias, detachable s/wheel. Fitted 1700 XFlow bulit by Harris Performance Engines, all steel (Farndon), 254 cam, dry sump, 12.1 comp ratio, roller rockers, big valve head, thick wall AX block, vernier, 160bhp, Techcraft repackable silencer, Edge race alternator and starter, full distributorless fuel injection with swirl pot, high pressure pump, regulator, pre and post pump filters all plumbed in braided fuel hose, MBE management set up by SBD. (cost 2,500+) two Caterham Banner batteries. Latest Caterham race radiator with Kenlowe-style fan. AP twin plate sintered clutch. alloy bellhousing, SPC Sierra five speed with close ratio, straight cut Quaife gears. De Dion LSD with 4.1 ratio. one hillclimb since SPC build.

Plus: RS2000 gearbox - unused since rebuild close ratio, straight cut, alloy Flowtech casing, new Quaife gear shift worth 500, plus high first sc/cr complete set of Quaife gears - ideal for racing. 4.44 cwp (worth 500), set of std brakes, 8 Revolution wheels. 8 Superlite wheels, 4 Eagle Ventura tyres new List 1B, 4 Bridgestone RE720 buffed, 4 slicks 8 races old, 4 Yoko 021R (old), 5 Falken (list 1 B), 244 Cam, Front and rear springs, 2 rear wings , 4 cycle wings, nose cone, stone guards, full & aero screens, wind deflectors, plus loads of bushes, brackets, spacers, engine, diff & g'box oils, coolant, paint, fuel additive etc.

Plus 4 wheel trailer custom-built for 7 to fit in single garage similar to Minno including tie downs.

I really am quitting Seven motorsport!

Car is is multiple winner in races, sprints and hillclimbs. Great start to Seven competition (you'll embarrass more than a few K Series cars) or a ballistic track day machine.

How much? Let's start at £12,500 for complete package.

Email or call 07802 201080 for more info. Car is garaged near Cambridge.

Wow!!!!!!

What a response!!!!

What I am really after is someone to take the whole lot off my hands at a bargain price - and I am willing to seriously haggle. I have only had the ad up for 24 hours and I'd like to see if someone emerges either to start a 7 competition career or with a keen eye for making a buck.

If that astute individual does not appear then I would be happy to sell off any of the spares apart from the screen and wheels and tyres. The car I am not willing to break for obvious reasons. The wheels and tyres are tricky. I don't want to jeopardise any deal for the whole thing by selling off slicks, 021Rs or List 1B tyres. But if it looks like I will have a while to wait for my man with around £9K for the car I will strip the wheels from tyres and put them back on BlatChat.

The response has almost made me reconsider leaving such a great bunch and reminded me why I started 7 competition 17 years ago...

Kim

PS Just off to the garage to strip down my £500 s/c c/r box for the synchros and dig out the tool for removing tyre valves... Synchros price: £6k each and I'll throw in the valves for free. Still interested?

Kim,

I understand that you don't want to break the car, but if I read it correctly the flowtech casing (bell housing I assume) is not in the car. Is it for sale separately?

Starting all over at 40.

Edited by - Oliver Sedlacek on 1 Sep 2003 22:38:21