Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duxford - Shedders Meet?

Rachael

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry can't make it ☹️

in a mad outbreak of generosity (promise it won't happen again) I offered to help my sister move house

so this weekend I shall mostly be lugging washing machines, and sofas and etc.....down three flights of stairs *eek*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

☹️ ☹️ sorry that Dave and Rob can't make it, but maybe next month?

*wink* I know its too late, but Good Luck Pat *thumbup*

Looking forward to seeing some of you at the weekend *cool* I think C21VHPD will be there as well, not sure about anyone else.

*wink*

Weedhopper

Rach, have you checked with the Or9anisers or Cottesmore/Wittering to see if Harriers will be out and about 🤔

I shall stamp my little foot if there aren't *mad* Mind you, Mr FH is getting all excited about Sunday whether or not VTOL's strut their stuff *tongue*

FH *cool*

If you look here you'll get an outline of what's happening.

I've jusst called their Press Office. The pre-recorded list of attendees doesn't include Harriers ☹️

n.b. On Saturday the Red Arrows will fly at 17.00hrs

on SUNDAY, they'll fly at 12.00 hrs

Early up for the FH's then *tongue*

FH *cool*

Edited by - fullharness on 5 Sep 2003 16:56:26

...but they lied 😬 😬 😬 😬 hope the display today is as good as the one yesterday.

There are some lovely old planes - some big planes doing very tight turns and some nice jetty planes - the Tornado scared small children, everyone was amazed by the Jumbo, Sally B was ace - as ever and the Red Arrows turned up for a bit...

...did I mention there was a Harrier there as well?! 😬

😬

Weedhopper

Hi all - I hope you had a jolly good weekend at Duxford. A Tornado flew over the track on Friday, was mighty impressive *thumbup*

So to my race report:

Qualified 11th for both races. Not great, but not too bad - would have been much better if I'd managed to get a tow (which nearly everyone else did *mad*).

Race 1, had a very close race, battled with 2 others for the whole race. I was running 7th for a while, then had a major twirlee-handee slide coming out of the final chicane about half-way through the race 😳 😳 😳, dropped to 9th. I was still 9th as we started the last lap, but managed to pass both the others through the Esses (one of them spun in the first part, the other went onto the dirt on the exit) to finish in 7th *biggrin* *thumbup* *biggrin*

Race 2, started OK, but 2nd lap, disaster I was racing closely with 2 others, we went three abreast into the Esses at the end of the long back straight *eek* *eek* *eek*, one bottled out after the left-hand bit, leaving me and one other to try to get round the second (tight ) right-hander side by side *eek* *eek*. I was forced half onto the dirt, launching me into a huge spin, shot across the track backwards, engine cut out, and everyone passed me 😳 😳 😳

I got re-started, but was 13 seconds behind the rest as I crossed the line at the end of the second lap. I set off on a mission, and 8 laps later I had the gap to the next guy down to 1.3 secs as we started the last lap.

I managed to catch him at the end of the back straight, we went through the Esses side by side (I never learn 😳). I managed to get slightly better traction on the exit, and just nipped in front before we went into the Bombhole. I was still leading as we reached the chicane, then I had another big twirlee-handee slide exiting the chicane 😳 *eek* 😳. I must have scared him, bacause I just managed to stay in front, and beat him to the finish line by 0.2 secs 😬

God I love Caterham racing 😬 *cool* 😬 *cool* 😬

Pat and his not quite black and white cat