Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duxford - Shedders Meet?

Rachael

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The car is the basic Roadsport car, 1.6 k-series engine (120 bhp), running on Avon CR500 tyres.

Mine is purple with black nosecone and wings, number 88.

Not sure if that's precisely what you were asking, if you want any more technical answers, I will need to ask someone else 😳 (as Alex will confirm, my technical knowledge is shocking 😳)

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Morning one and all - just checking a couple of things.

Are there going to be shedders at Duxford - or rather in the firld outside Duxford on SAturday and Sunday.

Pat - are you racing at Snetterton on Sunday and practice on Saturday. If so are people allowed to watch on Saturday?

Depending on how much of a mess I've made of the house I may have a bit of a ride around to various places as Mrs B will be elsewhere ☹️

The FH's + two GR's hope to be down in the truck on Sunday *thumbup* We'll contact you when we're "on finals" to arrange where to find other 'shedders *biggrin*

FH

The skies are awful quiet today ☹️ not one training plane nor nuffink and the only stuff up there is altostratus and a few cirrocumulus bits and bobs *confused* Maybe their all practising over the norf sea *wink*

FH *cool*

Just discovered I need to be at Heathrow most of Sunday and so in Bath on Saturday ☹️ *mad* *thumbdown* No Duxfording for me this weekend it would seem. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

It would seem I am destined not to meet 'shedders soon *thumbdown* Anyone else doing the May se7ens tour though 🤔

69600 miles and counting...

Hi Boonie

Yep, timetable for me is:

Saturday

09.00 Free practice

12.00 Qualifying 1

16.30 Qualifying 2

Sunday

11.50 Race 1

16.40 Race 2

There will also be Roadsport A stuff on both days.

There will also be some races on Saturday (Fiats, etc), so lots to see, but you will need a ticket. I will probably have 2 spare, so email me if you want one and I'll stick it in the post.

Cheers

Pat and his not quite black and white cat

Mister Toad,

From the M11 roundabout head towards Cambridge, then when you come to the new small roundabout, turn right. A little way down on the left is the entrance to a field. It isn't usually too busy and you'll definitely spot us in Sumy - or my Honda Civic - which I can stand on to get closer to the Harriers 😬 There will be police about, but as long as you are parked behind the hedge line, then they will leave you alone - we will aim to be there from about 1230-1300.

I'll mail you off list with my mobile number so you can get in touch if there are any problems *wink*

See you Saturday *cool*

*wink*

Rach

So to summarise - because I can't be bothered to re-read 7 pages of this stuff, who is coming to Duxford to cheer for Harriers 😬 (or possibly boo at other aircraft, if there are no Harriers *mad*) with me and does anyone need bed/floor space?

*wink*

Weedhopper

I reckon on being there from about 1230 ish - they say flying starts at 1400 but it's sometimes earlier.

Oh but on Sunday the Red Arrows are displaying at 1200 - so be there before that...

Space in the field reserved for Boonie and Mrs Boonie and possibly Boonie Hound as well?!

*wink*

Weedhopper

Woo-oo-oo-oo-oooooh

*arrowup* *arrowdown* *arrowup* *arrowdown* *arrowup* *arrowdown* *arrowup* *arrowdown* 😬

The Red Arrows have just rehearsed their routine right over the office - smoke trails and all I have been standing in the car park watching them buzz the rooftops of Goring. 😬 😬 😬

Feeling all forwardly-lookingly anticipatorily tingly-y now... I'll definitely be there on Sat (I'll make my way straight to the field for 12:30). Not decided on Sunday yet, but I could possibly be persuaded...

M 😬 (why isn't there a smiley with a bigger grin that this 🤔)