Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Duxford - Shedders Meet?

Rachael

Guess it's about time for me to remind those of you who are interested, that the next air show at Duxford will be taking place on Saturday 6th and Sunday 7th of September. It promises to be a half decent day out, because although they aren't letting any Harriers play *mad* ☹️ the Red Arrows, 2 Tornados, Spitfires, Hurricane, Sally B, Venom, Gladiator, Mustang and loads more...

The full list can be seen here

Look forward to seeing some of you there....as usual I will be standing in the field just off the centre line of the runway 😬 laughing at unsuspecting people as the Tornados fly over *eek* 😬

*wink*

Rach

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve ☹️ - the last one is 12 October.

Oh and I forgot to say...we have a nice spare room, there's also a sofabed and airbed...first come, first served...for any of you travelling from afar and wishing to stay over...

*wink*

Rach

hmm weekends in September are looking crowded already. I'll have to check.

I know I'm on a course the week before, not sure what happens after that *eek*

Maybe I should start writing down appointments. *confused*

oh and I fully endorse the idea of 'shedders activities north of Birmingham. I know it's scary for you lot who lurk near Nodnol but I managed to survive being exiled *tongue*

Caterham 21 VHPD *cool* - one of the few *thumbup*

Dave,

It'd be really good to see you...maybe we can even persuade Craig to venture away from his vacuum cleaner this time as well *eek* 😬

OK, OK - how about I plan something for the end of September/beginning of November then...we can guarantee it will rain, but who cares...

*wink*

Rach

As it happens I need to be at Heathrow sometime on Saturday 6th and that's halfway from Bath to Cambridge (ish *smile*) so could come up afterwards... *thumbup*

Any chance of a floor to crash on for the Saturday night 🤔

69500 miles and counting...

Last time the plan was to go into the museum on the Sunday and just watch from outside on the Saturday...after the misjudgement on Saturday we decided that we didn't really want to go in, so just stayed in the field...

Oh and if you do want to go in, a ticket costs £22.50 - as we have missed the deadline for advanced sales...

*wink*

Rach

Ah I've just realised I have to be in Bishops Stortford at 3pm on 6 September. Which is 80 miles from home but a mere 20 from Duxford... So I promise to be there (barring unforseen calamities).

That's put a 😬 on my face once more, after concentrating on work was beginning to dilute it. And my facial muscles thought they could finally relax...

M 😬