Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Aintree Details

Silver 21

For those competing at Aintree here are some answers to questions already asked:

😬Camping is available on site on the Friday night

😬The site has security and the gates will be locked after 10pm

😬You are welcome to leave your car on site o/n and stay locally (accomodation listed on LMS site)

😬Signing on from 7.30, practice runs from 9am

😬Likely to be 2 practice runs and 3or 4 timed runs *thumbup* *thumbup*(bring plenty of fuel)

I intend to camp on the Friday and and am happy to bring my Gas Grill (like a Barby) and pop up awning if people want to bring their own food for the Friday night and we can have a bit of a do on site.

Would be grateful if you could let me know if you intend to camp or not *thumbup* *thumbdown*

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree...6 down, only 1 to go and its very close

*cool*

Graham

I will probably leave my 7 and trailer with you on Friday night as a friend has offered me accomodation but their drive is too narrow to take the trailer. All I have now got to do is ensure I get to the circuit before 10.00pm....please let the M6 be clear *thumbup*.

Cheers

Mark D

Su77on Se7ens *cool*

Avoiding the Kerbs

I've had a kind offer to stay with mav, so probably won't be camping.

I had the engine out of the Seven on Friday night to get at the leaking clutch mechanism. Swapped an O-ring; tested it; swapped the "right" O-ring; tested it again; bunged it back in. There was a puddle under the car by morning, but I left a block of wood holding the clutch down for 24 hours and it was perfect, so I don't know if that was residual fluid. Whatever, it looks like I am up and running again for Aintree and I'll stop sulking for the season-closer.

For those that want it, heres the entry list for Saturday

1 32 Andrew Jenkins

1 732 Matthew Jenkins

1 11 Gordon Hodgkinson

2 12 Guy Rossler

2 14 Colin Heseltine

2 15 Dave Lentell

2 16 Mike Sankey

2 17 Mark Durrant

2 18 Richard Price

3 19 Ian Keen

3 20 Robin Oldfield

3 21 Graham Lyall

3 33 Dave McFarlane

3 733 Kaspar McFarlane

4 22 Tony Pickering

4 23 Paul Collins

4 24 Ken Evans

4 25 Andrew Griffiths

4 26 Jonathan Raine

5 27 Peter Carmichael

5 28 Simon Rogers

6 29 Graham Ford

6 30 Brodie Branch

6 31 Jeremy Clarke

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree...6 down, only 1 to go and its very close

*cool*

Graham, I may well be camping tomorrow night, or I'll be leaving here about 0200 Saturday morning!!

That's provided my new front wheelbearings turn up in time for me to get there, the n/s one let go on the way back from a meeting on Tuesday. Thank heavens I used the Seven otherwise this would have happened on the way to Aintree *eek*

See you, er, sometime!

Guy (in an advanced state of panic now!)

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Edited by - No Nuts on 4 Sep 2003 16:18:58

Gordon, phone number on the way off list. I still have to fit the hubs and pack but yes, departure around then sounds good.

Do you want to swing by here first, or shall we meet somewhere en-route?

I'll plug the details into the GPS and we can blame any route problems on that - sorted!! 😬

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Heading back home to pack car with passenger.tent etc......will be coming down the a11 a14 past newmarket ....shall we meet at the BP on the a14 just west of Newmarket.

My phone no is 07815 775993....

see you later *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup* *thumbup*

Gordon, just got in. Thanks for your and Karen's company there and back! I didn't get your last post until just now! Well done on your class win today.

Well done Colin for the class 2 win today. I've done some sums but it's so damn close in class 2 I'm going to wait for Graham to utter his final judgement. What I will say is that it look as if it was all down to the final run today.

WOW!

*eek*

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts