Click here if you are having website access problems ×

End of Season Bash/Awards Dinner??

Silver 21

All

I haven't got round to organising anything yet and am therefore looking for sensible suggestions for the above event. My initial thought was somewhere central that could potentially take 100-120 people for lunch on a Sunday. (another championship I used to compete in used to hold it at the Heritage Museum at Gaydon and this could be an option, look round the museum and then Sunday Lunch with Paper Aeroplane fights)

The plan is to award trophies from the non L7CGB events and the main championship awards and generally enjoy ourselves over lunch or dinner.

Has anyone got any alternative suggestions and/or willing to help organise *idea* *idea* *idea* *idea* *idea*(motorsport links/venue would be ideal)

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree...6 down, only 1 to go and its very close

*cool*

It seems perhaps this isn't a good idea due to lack of responses, I've had an answer back from Donnington and they can do it at the end of October, I will check other dates and then post the proposals online

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree...6 down, only 1 to go and its very close

*cool*

I wouldn't give up on the idea just yet. It could be that most are just too lazy to post anything, like me.

As Kipper said, it is a bit of a trek for us Southern boys but even if there wasn't going to be the massed press and TV coverage, celebrities etc and the excitement of picking up of silverware (well....I can hope) I would still try and make it.

Mike

Hi Graham

Just a thought...if the numbers aren't too great it might be possible to join the Aldon/HSA do at Gaydon in November...book, say, three tables and do the awards at the end of the HSA ones?...

This might work as there are a few people in both L7C and Aldon championships

cheers Steve