Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Rev Limiter for XFlow

NickW

Nick, in the days when I had crossflows, I did indeed have such a thing. I haven't got a clue where it is in my garage at the moment, but I'll try and get some time to have a search through all my junk and turn it up. When I find it I'll post again here. I think I also had a bit of kit to get rid of the points too. It should all be together somewhere *confused*

Nick -

If I were you, whatever manufacturer you choose, I'd get the smooth-cut variety rather than the straight cut-off type . . . . much nicer to drive with. You get more of a warning when you're going to run out of revs as they cut the power over a couple of hundred revs rather than just cut all power.

I'd guess they work by retarding the ignition or losing sparks or something before actually cutting all power. Anyway, a quick surf has turned up this . . .http://www.pertronix.com/ignition/rev%20limiter/index.htm .

Says it works with most types of ignition system. Having read the spec it looks pretty good. Might get one myself actually (got a X/Flow too). They are £75 from www.racetorations.co.uk.

I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has used one of these limiters?