Click here if you are having website access problems ×

Curborough Results & Championship Update

Silver 21

Well what a great day yesterday, great weather, great competition, great organisation (thanks to Barbara, Roger, Dave Pattison, Don (Happy Birthday again) Lorna, Roger G, Adrian and everyone else that helped out). Without all these people the events simply would not happen.

Results and Championship update are no posted on the web here , so go and check them now. If you think I've made any mistakes please let me know and I'll correct it (if it is a mistake 😬 😬 😬)

Championship standings could change and the last event is Saturday 6th September at Aintree

Graham

Competition Secretary

*cool* Lydden *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup*, MIRA *thumbup*, Llandow *thumbup*, Loton Park *thumbup*, Curborough *thumbup* *thumbup*, Aintree...6 down, only 1 to go and its very close

*cool*

Edited by - Bacon Butty on 25 Aug 2003 09:22:05

Ditto, super service Graham. What a day yesterday, very disappointed with my 4th but it was all oh so close! Aintree's going to be the decider for class 2 that's for sure, see you all there!

Thanks to all of the organisation team, well done with the weather too.

Oh, and a fantastic blat home to boot! Thanks Alex B, Nifty and Gordon H.

Guy

😬

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

Graham

Just for the record, Pat's time for her second timed run was slightly slower than her first timed run - you have them as the same. Considering that her first run at the Marshal's club meeting on Saturday was over 84 secs, to get down to just over 72 secs on Sunday was terrific. I'm very proud of her 😬

What a fantastic weekend 😬 Saturday was good but Sunday was even better 😬 😬. The competion was sooooooo close in every class, particularly Class 1 - well done Robert. I posted my fastest time ever at Curborough on Sunday - just getting into the 65's - and I know that a number of people I spoke to had also 'pulled out their personal best' 😳. I wonder how many actually came away with a PB 🤔

Thanks to all the organisers for a wonderful weekend. Once again though, it's the camaraderie of all the Seven Club members that makes it so special and so worth looking forward to. Roll on next year 😬

Kipper

Fun is not a straight line.

Folks there is some good 'in car' film of Aintree sprint track on the Fluke-motorsport.co.uk website (look at 2001 videos). Very exciting it looks with what appear to be some near 100 mph corners *eek* and a very long finishing straight where most sevens should reach V.max

Mmmmmm, Now where did I put that application form ...........

Edited by - Graham Perry on 26 Aug 2003 18:21:32

Aintree is great *thumbup*

Its startline *arrowright*3rd gear 90 left *arrowright*straight *arrowright*3rd gear 60right *arrowright*straight *arrowright*4th gear loooooong right double apex ( a real arse twitcher!!) onto a long slightly uphill straight topping out in 5th / little bit of 6th .

I found the last long corner to be the place to make the time , whoever holds it flat round there will gain 10-15mph across the line *thumbup*

dave

Graham,

The Fluke website seems to be broken *mad*

*arrowright* www.fluke-motorsport.co.uk/videos

This link used to work for me (back in July) *eek*

Now gives a German error message: 🙆🏻

Error 400: Bad Request - Die angegebene URL ist syntaktisch nicht korrekt. 🤔

Help *confused*

*thumbdown* *arrowleft* 😬 *arrowright* *thumbup* Blue and Silver Sublime Vehicle Barbarella here

Edited by - Fletch on 27 Aug 2003 14:13:25

Gordon, no worries, I've been posting from a web cafe in deepest darkest Lincolnshire, I haven't found my way home yet *wink*

Colin - remember, I'll drop a sixteen pointer (assuming I do better than that at Aintree!!!), you'll all be dropping nineteen pointers! It's going to be nailbiting stuff! The bends go left, right, right, then make a cup of tea while waiting for the finish.

All - the horse jumps on the outside ("runoff") areas are very hard. The first 3 foot of their height is basically lopped off telepraph poles. *eek*

I think some of the video on the fluke sight may have been of my first ever sprint in May 2001 although I don't think there's any of me!

Ooohhh - it's getting exciting!

Guy

NN 😳

Lotus @ Herts

I can confirm that the jumps are indeed very hard. They are thick oak type posts buried in the ground about six deep and the brushwood just goes into the top of them.

A few years ago EDZ refused at Valentines (I think)! Roger fine but new long front was required as the engine attempted to leave it's mountings and depart through the side of the car.

The marshal sitting behind the jump got rather a shock and the jump was rearranged into a u-shape. Bit of a 🙆🏻 really as the sprint had finished and this was just a fun run at the end! *eek*

It looked like a great day.... ☹️

Mind you, I'm not sure I want to be playing with the times that DaveJ, Lawrence and GTF were posting.

Drive of the day for me has to be Dave McFarlane's last run with DaveJ's amazing last run being just behind. Both were stunning.

Of course, Barbara's last run to post her PB and beat Debby was wonderful to see as well.

I'll be back....